Join now - be part of our community!

KD-49X8305C - hdmi 2,3,4 inputs not working

Blythy
Explorer

KD-49X8305C - hdmi 2,3,4 inputs not working

Have just set up my new X83C, and can't get hdmi inputs 2, 3 or 4 to work. Doesn't register any signal from any of them, however the tv will identify that an audio return channel is active on hdmi4.

Anyone else having the same issue? Any solutions?

43 REPLIES 43
NickCo1979

Hi, I've got exactly the same problem. Connect my PS4 up to HDMI 1 and it works. Try it on 2,3 or 4 and no signal detected error messages. Additionally Netflix isn't available on mine.

For reference, I applied the 27th May firmware update as part of the setup of the TV yesterday.

NickCo1979

Mine is getting even weirder. When I've got my PS4 connected to HDMI 1, selecting any of the HDMI inputs 1 to 4 results in it showing the PS4. It's almost as if the selection isn't going to 2,3 or 4.

NickCo1979

Ok so given that I work in IT I really should have thought of this earlier. To quote a certain Channel 4 show, have you tried switching it off and then on again? :wink:

It seems that hot swapping of HDMI leads isn't a good idea with Android TV, if I change them without hard cycling the TV (full plug out of the socket moment) then they don't work correctly. Powering the TV off fully and then switching on again after results in the HDMI inputs working as you would expect.

I'd hope a firmware update would address this at some point. I don't swap my leads out very often so not too bothered myself although I'd guess if you hook up cameras, video etc ad-hoc you'd not be impressed having to restart the TV all the time.....

Hope this helps.

Nick

Blythy
Explorer

Yeah, I had the same issue with the identification as well.

Switched it off at the wall, left it a couple of minutes, and it resolved itself as you said. Bit strange that hot swapping isn't supported.

Now just to wait for the netflix app to be supported so I don't have a dead button on the remote.

NickCo1979

Glad you got it sorted. I've got a support case raised about the Netflix app. Asked whether it's a fault or whether it's just down to the app not being ready yet. I'd guess the app support update is lagging the TV firmware update and it'll be supported sometime soon. Will update here if I hear back.

Nothing like being on the bleeding edge of tech... :wink:

Cheers

Nick

profile.country.GB.title
SM_152
Explorer

Got the TV yesterday and like everyone else had the same problem with HDMI 2, 3 and 4 not working.  Going to try unplugging the TV (when I get home tonight).

Also does anyboday has a problem with 'sound lag / out of sync'.  The lag is noticeable, even my daugther noticed this but this only seem to occur with device connected to HDMI input.  Normal TV channels / youtube or movies from Play strore are all fine.  Could this be the HDMI cable?  I'm still using an old HDMI cable from many years ago....

Thanks.

NickCo1979

I'm noticing lag across different applications after the TV has been on for a few hours or left on standby. Particularly on the Amazon Instant Video app.  fix is to fully power off the TV and then turn it on again. I'm hoping this is just initial software that is rough at the edges but it's adding to a growing list of issues I'm facing. So far:

1) Hot swap HDMI doesn't work.

2) HDD recording doesn't work (error message saying a system update is required, see reference manual).

3) Netflix App doesn't work (logged a case for this one).

4) Speech / Video sync is broken after TV has been left on for a few hours.

I'll update here if I come across any more issues......

Not a good start when you spend £1.3K on a TV.....

Nick

rberwick
Explorer

I tried to connect my xbox one and there was no picture or sound, so based on these answers above i will have to turn off the tv first then connect the cable then turn the tv back on?

NickCo1979

You can leave the cable connected but you'll have to turn the TV off at the socket then on again. If you move the cables at any point you'll have to do the same.

Crazy I know.