Join now - be part of our community!

KD-49X8305C - hdmi 2,3,4 inputs not working

Blythy
Explorer

KD-49X8305C - hdmi 2,3,4 inputs not working

Have just set up my new X83C, and can't get hdmi inputs 2, 3 or 4 to work. Doesn't register any signal from any of them, however the tv will identify that an audio return channel is active on hdmi4.

Anyone else having the same issue? Any solutions?

43 REPLIES 43
Blythy
Explorer

Netflix just appeared under selected apps on the home screen, however it comes up saying a system update is required.

Luckily, the system update is also available, and can be downloaded in the background. Downloading now...

by the way, has anyone got any dark patches on their screen?

profile.country.GB.title
SM_152
Explorer

Updated the TV last night and NetFlix is now available.  Sound lag seems to be related to HDMI cable, since I bought a HDMI ARC cable and connect to the soundbar (PS4 and Tivo now connect through it), the lag is gone even when using the TV for hours or coming on from standby.

alellio01

Hi

Interesting on your hdmi cable change, all my cables are the same, make, size and manufacture, so i will by a new one to test. i dont have a spare in the house.

Bar--8

I've swapped my HDMI cable and within 10 mins of testing the sound was lagging. Quite possible both cables suffer the problem despite no new cables being necessary (according to the HDMI spec).

Is lip sync an SD vs HD problem?

I mainly watch HD (where the issue is prevalent) however i've tuned to BBC 1 (SD) for further testing....so far, so good.

profile.country.FI.title
lehtor
Explorer

Same problem here. All HDMI inputs are out. PC and PS4 works perfectly with monitor with HDMI but not with X8305C.

profile.country.GB.title
MartiB47
Explorer

Unfortunatly you need to have any devices connected to the HDMI inpus switched on when you power the TV up, it is more of a problem with Android as connected hardware is detected at boot time. Hopefully Sony may be able to issue a patch to resolve at some time but the list of issues with these TVs is still rather long. Not the sort of TV to buy if you have no internet.

profile.country.GB.title
Gpevans99

Exactly the same problem, turned off at wall and rebooted, now works tad frustrating

profile.country.GB.title
Gpevans99

Hi me too, hold down power button for 5 seconds or pull plug out of wall and start up and should work

profile.country.GB.title
rsebre

I too where in the same boat

got hdmi 1.4 cables

system restarted with cold boot

activated google, hotmail, and sony account

still can not figure how to actually display a 4K picture?!?!

auto display area (i cant turn it off as its greyed out), so what do i do so i can see my pc in 4k? The manual say set the display area to -1 so i get my windows 10 start button back...

anybody know how?

i'll gift you free steam game if you do share,..

kind regards

richard

profile.country.GB.title
Gpevans99

Hi,

Have you signed up to Netflix?

Sent from my iPhone