Join now - be part of our community!

KD-55A1 - connecting iPhone photos

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
mahayes34
New

KD-55A1 - connecting iPhone photos

I have read the web site info but there is no Settings after pressing the Home button.  So how do I connect my iPhone to this TV in order to show photos?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
mahayes34
New

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

It is not easy...

The only way to watch photos at 4K is by using the pre-installed Album app. So you have to copy photos to some USB storage in order to display them. The Album app is pretty basic though, displaying photos in the wrong chronological order.

There are apps which make the Android TV accessible via Apple AirPlay. 3rd party apps always have to render to 1080p though due to the cheap SoC inside Sony ATV. A dedicated 4K pipeline for 3rd party apps only exists for video.

Another way is to install Google Photos on your iPhone. You can then cast photos to the TV. In this case photos are transcoded to a 1080p H.264 video though which also results in quality degradation.

profile.country.GB.title
mahayes34
New

Hi, here is the reply from Sony which is very straight forward and works.

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/articles/00015505 

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/articles/00117135  

Regards,

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Your links are not working.

profile.country.GB.title
mahayes34
New

Hi I have not had a problem with the links, however here I hope is the information:-

M.

How to use the Wi-Fi Direct feature with an iPhone mobile device

NOTES:

Make sure that the TV is connected and set up to a high-speed Internet connection.
Make sure that the Sony device is updated with the latest system software (firmware) update. Updates are available through the Network menu of the TV.
Wi-Fi ready model TV require the UWA-BR100 USB wireless adaptor prior to following the steps in this solution.

Follow these steps to set up the Wi-Fi Direct feature:

Activate the Wi-Fi Direct mode of the BRAVIA TV.
For details on the setting procedure, refer to the following FAQs
How to set up and use the Wi-Fi Direct feature of the Android TV with Wi-Fi Direct capable device.
How to set up and use the Wi-Fi Direct feature of the TV models. (For 2015 and 2016 model other than the Android TV)
How to set up and use the Wi-Fi Direct feature of the 2014 TV models.
How to set up and use the Wi-Fi Direct feature of the 2013 TV models.

Establish a connection with the iPhone.
Keep the TV on the screen that displays the WPA key (password) to be input into the iPhone.

Select Wi-Fi in the iPhone’s settings to turn on the Wi-Fi.

Tap Direct-xx-BRAVIA on the iPhone’s screen to display the password input screen.
Enter the WPA key (password) displayed on the TV screen, then tap Join.

Allow a few minutes for the connection to be established, and the Settings screen to appear.
If a check mark is displayed at SSID on the iPhone side and a dashed line is displayed on the TV side, the connection is established normally.

NOTE: If a connection is not established, re-attempt the steps above and make sure that the WPA Password is entered correctly.

Once the set up is complete, media can be shared between the iPhone mobile digital device and a Wi-fi Direct compatible Sony device using iMediaShare software, DiXiM software and other application.For additional information including information on how to get specific Wi-fi Direct applications on your iPhone mobile digital device, visit the Apple website at http://www.apple.com or contact your iPhone retailer.