Join now - be part of our community!

KD-49X8305C - hdmi 2,3,4 inputs not working

Blythy
Explorer

KD-49X8305C - hdmi 2,3,4 inputs not working

Have just set up my new X83C, and can't get hdmi inputs 2, 3 or 4 to work. Doesn't register any signal from any of them, however the tv will identify that an audio return channel is active on hdmi4.

Anyone else having the same issue? Any solutions?

43 REPLIES 43
rberwick
Explorer

Thanks for that.

Also on another subject, I am only just getting used to the new Android tv, but can you download your own choice of apps direct to the tv as on your ipone and ipad etc, or or you stuck with factory installed ones?

And is there an internet browser lurking in the tv somewhere?

MikeLothian

I found that holding down the power button so the TV rebooted fixed the issue for me - I was also having issues with ARC - it's all working great now

Blythy
Explorer

There's a google play store App on the home screen to allow you to download applications.

Netflix appears to be missing so far, which is a little wierd. Hopefully Chrome or some other browser App will appear, but you can chromecast Chrome if you want.

MikeLothian

Using the instructions from http://www.talkandroid.com/guides/android-tv-guides/how-to-sideload-apps-apk-files-on-the-nexus-play... I tried installing the Netflix APK from https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/netflix-inc/netflix-for-android-tv/netflix-android-tv-2-0-build-295-an... (the newerversion is for android 5.1.1 and our TV is 5.0.2) but it wouldn't install because a newer build is already installed 

I'm guessing it's disabled - I'm looking for a way to enable it now - I'll let you know how I get on

Bar--8

Good job I found this thread, I got this set a few days ago and I've been going crazy over the sound lag issue. I have a [Sony] sound bar attached to HDMI (arc) hence all audio output via that. After watching for 30+ mins the lag is really off putting. It's resolved by switching channels but this is starting to be a real pain. 

For an otherwise great set I'm contemplating returning for a refund. I would like to think Sony will fix via software update but I'm losing confidence. 

NickCo1979

It's frustrating to say the least. I finally had an email back from support today about the lack of Netflix and their answer was to do a factory reset and report back. Needless to say that did sweet FA, Netflix still doesn't work and the sound lag kicks in after a bit. All it did was cost me an hour to retune everything and reset all my accounts.

I don't mind early teething issues that can / will be fixed with firmware updates asap, but the communication is diabolical and asking someone to do a factory reset when it's blatently obvious that the Netflix apk is disabled purposely out of the box is ridiculous.

If anyone from Sony is reading this, how about communicating with your customers rather than fobbing them off with first line support "have you tried switching it off and on again" parroting....

I'll update when I've heard back from support again. No doubt I'll be asked to unplug it from the wall and leave it for an hour or something equally daft.

alellio01

I'm glad I also have found this thread.

1. I also had the hdmi issue, this sorted itself with software update and system reboot. Also had to remove the plug from the socket for a few mins.

2. The sound issues I have found so far. The TV sound lags after about. 30 mins on the same station, and stranger still, the sound would not work when I turned the TV on this evening, unplugged everything, and rebooted sound started working. I also use a Sony sound bar.

3. Netflix, does not work.

Like others I'm also considering returning the TV.

I would advise people not to make a purchase of this TV.

buero9
Explorer

On Netflix, I have been speaking to Netflix support.

If you access Google Play Store on the web, and search for the Netflix Android TV app you'll find this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.netflix.ninja&hl=en_GB

If you are signed into your Google account on your x83c then that will be listed as a Sony Bravia TV under your devices.

You'll note that it says that the app is incompatible with any of your devices... i.e. your TV.

I contacted Netflix and this is what they had to say:

You'll see, I had my experts look into this, and they were as deep as possible and found out that this is actually a situation directly between Sony and the Play Store. It seems that the app is there and ready to go, but Sony is missing the certification to download this app from the Play Store, you're getting the error right there. I'd recommend you check this with Sony one last time, and I'm definitely going to leave a note on your account explaining this, because all of us want you to get the most out of your new TV.

Netflix are saying that the app is 100% supported by the TV, and that it is available... but it shows as incompatible (and therefore becomes unavailable on the TV) because of Sony having an issue with the Play Store... not sure precisely where the certification comes in, whether this is device certification or actual cryptographic certificate, the support person wasn't clear on that detail.

So yeah... Sony are the ones who have, for whatever reason, chosen to not enable the Netflix app.

Good job they're not making it a compelling piece of their advertising or have a button on the remote or anything... oh.

Netflix advise contacting Sony support:

Sony's number is 0844 8466 555. And if you prefer online support, their site is sony.co.uk/support/

4k.OK1
New

Just had an 55X8509 delivered recently, and guess what!, the same problem, HDM1 seems to be the default input, that is properly working, all the other HDMI ports do not seem to be getting a signal if I plug in my Blu-ray or Sky, yet the on-screen graphics show that they are connected to those ports. Seems that there is an issue that needs to sorted out asap as there will be complaints and a number of TV's being sent back. I will try the 'work around' suggested first to see if that clears the problem. I will contact Sony anyway to let them know amongst other new owners have done so.

Blythy
Explorer

My understanding from Somy support is that a software update to make Netflix available will be released tomorrow (15 June).