Join now - be part of our community!

KD-49X8305C - hdmi 2,3,4 inputs not working

Blythy
Explorer

KD-49X8305C - hdmi 2,3,4 inputs not working

Have just set up my new X83C, and can't get hdmi inputs 2, 3 or 4 to work. Doesn't register any signal from any of them, however the tv will identify that an audio return channel is active on hdmi4.

Anyone else having the same issue? Any solutions?

43 REPLIES 43
cswalmsley
Explorer

Picked my X83 C up this weekend along with a HT780 sound bar system 

I am having the same issues with the HDMI connections. I get sound from tv when sound bar isn't on, switch it on and the sound goes off TV but get nothing through sound bar. 

I get sound of I have an optical cable plugged in, but i want it to work properly using the ARC feature on the TV and Sound bar system 

any ideas? 

I have tried switching off TV by the wall socket, and also the hold power button down on tv remote 

still no joy

wI'll try a few different HDMI cables later on

this is very frustrating though. 

Jtthatsme
Explorer

We had the same situation, boxed it up, took it straight back to the store.. Pcworld exchanged it without any qualms.

so this seems to be a manufacture fault

cswalmsley
Explorer

Cheers for the reply

just to confirm, you returned the TV not the soundbar? 

And they replaced for the same model and it worked fine? 

Cheers

chris

Jtthatsme
Explorer

Yes the tv

cswalmsley
Explorer

Ye I have just tried a few other HDMI cables, all which support high speed and 1.4

still no joy. 

Will call up currys tomorrow and explain situation and get it taken back for an exchange 

risp123
Explorer

Have the same problem. It all works after a reboot (unplug power) but after a while it doesn't. Anyone has a solution? Or knows if this will be fixed in the next update?

Jtthatsme
Explorer

I took it back, got another one
pholes
New

I bought TV in August, about 2 weeks later none of the HDMI inputs would work.  Contacted Sony who told me to do a reset.  Great, you have Togo through all the set up again and you loose all your customisation. Then it happened again, did reset. Happened again yesterday, so checked this forum, did the unplug, wait 30 secs and it's all back ok.  So thanks for recommendation.  

M.Moesasji
Explorer

Same problem to 49x8305C 

Wat is the solution, it looks like a sync.problem

Thanks. Have tried total power down as you suggested and all OK.

Tedious fix!

Mike