Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Z2 Tablet Wont Charge or turn on.

Nev62
Visitor

Xperia Z2 Tablet Wont Charge or turn on.

Xperia Z2 Tablet Wont Charge or turn on. There is no red charging led (light) when connect to power ber either the usb port or the magnetic port on the bottom (or both at the same time).

Have tried charging over night, have tried holding power and + buttons for 30  seconds and then reconnecting to power, have tried red reset button for 10 seconds and have tried combination of all of these.

Connecting to a PC via usb also does not register that any thing is connected.

Tablet is just under 12months old.

26 REPLIES 26
Jake-SonyXperia
Champion

Hi Nev62,

Welcome to the community,

In this case you could try going through the following.

Hold down the power button and Volume + key for 30 seconds, once done put the device on charge immediately for around 2 hours.

Once done disconnect from charge and try power on the device. If this does not work then I suggest running through a Software repair on the device.

Note: this is done with the device powered off, so there is no need to worry about the fact that it cannot be turned on.

Software repair

Nev62
Visitor

The power button and Volume + key for 30 seconds with 2 hours connected to a power supply did not work - still no red recharge light, did not work

I tried the software repair but it did not progress past Initialising, *never found my tablet connected via usb)

Jake-SonyXperia
Champion

That's really unfortunate, in this case I can only advise that you contact Customer Care, they should be able to help resolve this issue for you.

Please use my signature to find appropriate contact details.

Gabinka
Visitor

My tablet is also like this. It was fine. Had not been having any problems. Then it wouldn't turn on. I hadn't turned it off, just locked it. Thought it may have powered down as the battery died. But I had it on the magnetic charger for hours. Tried to boot it and nothing happens. When I plugged in a USB charger, I heard the sound I usually hear when I connect a charger. But I see nothing on the screen and get no vibrations or other signs of life from it.
profile.country.NL.title
pa3eia
Expert

I have 1 week ago the same problem, nothing helps. Send the Z2 to Sony and yesterday i have the Z2 back. What have Sony done, i don't know but the Z2 have a factory restore and all was gone.

73's

I don't know everything, just trying to help you!!!
Thanks about the Kudos!!!
Gabinka
Visitor

Dang, I didn't have a chance to back up anything. Did they tell you why it suddenly wouldn't turn on?
Gabinka
Visitor

I fixed it! Found a tip for a.Z2 phone. Next to the SIM card slot is a little yellow button (red on the phone). I pressed it with a paper clip until it vibrated and my tablet turned on! Now charging on the USB cable. If I wasn't riding in a car I'd be doing a happy dance!

Gabinka
Nev62
Visitor

I tried the reset button as well but nothing. When charging there is a red LED that shows in the top right hand corner. This also was not coming on. At one stage after many attemps over a week it did and I thought great. After awhile I disconnect from power and tried to turn it on, nothing. Reconnected to power and no red LED, everything dead again. Have sent it off under warranty to get it checked out.

Foobar73
Visitor

Same here. Got it to start again, but now charging turns on and off via magnetic charger. On USB charging the display does not turn off.
Annoying.