Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Tablet Z2 does not turn on, batery dead, no charging

TomBuTom
Visitor

Xperia Tablet Z2 does not turn on, batery dead, no charging

Hi Forum,

my Tablet's battery got dead. When home tried to charge but nothing happend - especially NOTHING on the magnetic charger, while on USB-Conector i had a red LED-Light on.

After chargin for 4 hours, it did not switch on. Whet ever i did: holding down the button for 10 sek, pressing vol-up and switch on (tried even the vol-down!), or pressing the the red-reset-button in the SD-Card-bay.

Any Ideas? Or is the a warranty-case?

Thanks

42 REPLIES 42
Hampus
Champion

Hi and welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

Did you feel any vibration or similar when you held down the ON/OFF + volume up(+) button? If not, I suggest that you try to perform a software repair via PC Companion to see if this can help:
http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/tools/pc-companion/

In PC Companion you press start on Support Zone > Start on Update the phone/tablet software > Repair phone/tablet (the blue clickable link in the message) > Follow these steps without having your device connected to the PC.

Follow the instruction that appears in the program and do not connect your device until this guide tells you how to connect it.

TomBuTom
Visitor

Hi Hampus,

thanks for your help. Nice try. But that is all. I tries again what you have posted me. Companion stops on the step "... conect USB to your device while pressing "VOL -", and Companion will recognise your deveive ...".

Companion or PC does not recognise the conceted Tablet. Probably because it needs to be charched ".... at least 80% ..." And my Z2 does not charge!

Any other Ideas?

Hampus
Champion

I'm sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, it's not much more that you can do on your own if the software repair won't start. Perhaps you could try another computer to see if this can help. Otherwise, I suggest that you visit nearest service center to have your unit examined by a technician. You can contact your local support team for further information about nearest service center and/or how to proceed with this in the best possible way:
http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/

Fulldeception
Visitor

I have the same problem, tried everything listed above...

Tablet gone to Toronto for repair just 3 month after the end of warranty.

Still waiting for an estimate.

Really disapointing for a 800$ tablet.

I also own a Z3 compact.  I hope that one will be of better quality.

Lentzi1
Visitor

After one year and only official firmware and updates my O2 branded Z2 tablet decided that it won't restart anymore. I have not powered down or restarted lately, 6 months or so, but I never had this sleep of death. Now it shows no signs of life with  Sony charger, PC-flashtool, power +volume up or down, external battery charge  pack, turnoff button...  And I am sure that I had at least 60% battery. I put the tablet in my car over night at 5 degreed celsius and after 12 hours still no signs of charging. I guess I'll just have to leave it longer to discharge and hope that it will come alive eventually. If I'm lucky! But if it powers up, what do to if by accident remains out of battery? Again, a few weeks of pause? Would a factory reset solve this? That is unacceptable from Sony to have no answer on such a problem! Because I heard that the tablets sent to service are kept also a few weeks there. My guess is that they wait for the battery to be discharged , like any of us? Would not be simplier to change the battery? But probably this is not the real problem. 

Lentzi1
Visitor

Is it possible that a regular use/charge of battery could wear the battery in 2 years so that it simply cannot be charged?

Gillipilli
Visitor

Same issue for me and my z2 tablet. It ran out of battery and won't even light up to show it's connected to the charger; which I know works because it charges my Z1 compact phone. 

This is actually the second Xperia tablet to die like this on me. Don't know what I'm doing that could kill them like this but I had a z1 tablet before which was replaced with the z2 when it couldn't be fixed. Now I have to try and find all the documentation to explain that this was already a replacement tablet and it also has died. A disappointment from such a reputable manufacturer.

andrx
Visitor

And I have the same problem.

I heard from some people that they just opened the back of the tablet, unplugged the battery connector and re-plugged it again to make it work. Unfortunately don't have the tools to do that safely to confirm. Maybe you can.....

Zsolt80
Visitor

Hi

I bought Sony Xperia Z2 tablet in november last year. This is the expensive tablet. I have same problem. It's already dead. I didn't use too much. I'm very disappointed

I read what I should do. I tried everything. Nothing happened. You are still selling these while you know that they are wrong.

This is very shame for so big company. Never again sony