Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Tablet Z2 does not turn on, batery dead, no charging

TomBuTom
Visitor

Xperia Tablet Z2 does not turn on, batery dead, no charging

Hi Forum,

my Tablet's battery got dead. When home tried to charge but nothing happend - especially NOTHING on the magnetic charger, while on USB-Conector i had a red LED-Light on.

After chargin for 4 hours, it did not switch on. Whet ever i did: holding down the button for 10 sek, pressing vol-up and switch on (tried even the vol-down!), or pressing the the red-reset-button in the SD-Card-bay.

Any Ideas? Or is the a warranty-case?

Thanks

42 REPLIES 42
Lee7
Visitor

My z2 tablet was left for few months, not had much use, under 50 usages, now it's dead red light in corner but not charging or turning on. Tablet is near brand new just had a while but not used. Not happy plus it won't connect to PC companion
Zsolt80
Visitor

@Lee7 wrote:
My z2 tablet was left for few months, not had much use, under 50 usages, now it's dead red light in corner but not charging or turning on. Tablet is near brand new just had a while but not used. Not happy plus it won't connect to PC companion

I had same problem a few month ago. I tried all of useless tips. Those didn't help it. This table is simply bad product for unfairly high price.

I took it back to the shop. I waited 14 days (repair warranty)They said me that can't be repaired, It's dead.....So I got back money and I bought (almost half price) a Samsung Galaxy Tablet A "9.7" . That's working very well

Gabinka
Visitor

I fixed mine by pressing the little yellow button by the SIM card until it vibrated. It came on and I plugged in the usb charger. It's now charging happily.
ALERS
Visitor

This happened to me also. The first time my z2 tablet died after 6 months. One day I turned it off to give it a break and I simply did not turn back on. No charge light and none of the reset vol up and power or USB port buttons worked. I tried charging with magnetic and USB cord. The tablet was finished. I got a second one thinking it was just a once off thing. The exact same thing happened to my second z2. On this occasion after I left it for 3 days to let the battery disc it came back. I plugged it in and to my relief the charge light glowed red. After ten mins I managed to turn it on. This has happened twice and this time I'm leaving the device on. I'll be getting a new tablet at Christmas. Not Sony
CapitaineNemo
Visitor

Hi,

I had quite the same issue with my Xperia Z2 Tablet WIFI 32GO running lollipop

- It was working well and has never been dropped nor mishandled.

- I turned off my tablet while 75% charged to remove SD card

- I was never able to turn it on again without any warning

On magnetic charger, nothing is happening. When plugging charger via USB, sometimes the red leg turns on for a short time and off again.

10s press on power + volume does nothing

2min press on init button (close to the SIM socket) made it rumble 2 times * 3 short signal but nothing more.

I tried it once again and now no more rumble or whatever.

It looks like an hidden default of the Tablet (FW or HW?). 

Is there any other thing I shall try ?

Big_swede
Visitor

I have a simular problem.
Battery is flat. When trying to charge, led turns red and battery charges. Screen also turns on and show charing symbol. 1 %. But after one minute charging stops.
If I disconnect charger, and connect again, charging starts again. But after 1 minute, it stops again.
Now trying to do this over and over. Have reached 4 % on battery, after 15 cycles with connect/disconnect.
I hope I can get to 10 %. Then I will perform a reset on tablet.
ClemensB
Visitor

Hello everybody,

I had the same problem and really tried everything, all the suggestions, all the ideas over and over again!
But like some of you already mentioned, NOTHING IS HAPPENING!!!

Finally I thought: this thing is DONE! And I do one last crazy thing with it; I put it in the freezer.
You won’t believe it, but after 2 days in the freezer I wiped it of and start it up.
I was shocked!
I saw something happening on the screen and It told me that the battery was empty.
So I charged it and it runs like it should!

Hope this will help you out.

Nickio
Visitor

I was playing the gardenscape game. As the game was finishing a transition the tablet suddenly powered off. I have tried everything suggested with no luck what so ever. Volume up and power button for thirty seconds. The yellow button under the SD card slot cover.
Tags (1)
ottimo21
Visitor

Hello,
I have had this problem 3 times.
Initially the red LED is lighted for a few seconds, then it was left on for less than a minute, but there have been periods in which not turn on anything connecting and disconnecting the USB cable.
I do not know how I made it to work again but:
- Connect with volume up + power button does not work
- Sony companion does not work
- Keep it attached to power does not seem to be the key

Every time I connected and reconnected by pressing the button next to the sdcard or by holding it down for two minutes.
there must be a non-random way.

Let us understand how to do, now It is off for the 4th time

jsharkey
Visitor

I was having an issue where my Xperia z2 tablet would not charge. Seemed the USB cable would not work. I did find a fix... went to this area:

Settings > About tablet > Diagnostics (click 'yes' to enable first time) > Test > Connection, Charger

I ran the above test with the USB power chord plugged in, and it started working.  No idea why. Will keep using if it keeps happening.

Good luck...