Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Z Tablet - Won't Start

djohnson
Visitor

Xperia Z Tablet - Won't Start

Hi....love my Xperia Z Tablet!  I have followed all of the trouble shooting tips (plugging in for 30+min, trying a different adapter, etc...) And, it still won't turn on....what do I do?

41 REPLIES 41
ad43
Visitor

Hi I just tried to update to the latest operating system and now my tablet SGP511 won't turn on. The splash screen will turn on with "sony" mid screen and "xperia" at the bottom, and the system freezes at this point. I have tried both soft reset procedures, holding the up volume button with the power button as well as pressing the red reset buttom to no avail.
Qny help you could provide is appreciated.
Naheel
Visitor

Anybody answer please...

it's over tow months and I'm still waiting.

I wont keep using my samsung galaxy tab because I still prefer Sony devices.

I need a solution right now please

Kuba5262
Visitor

Have you contact with your local Sony service? It may be battery or motherboard. I think that trying to repair it on your own way is not a good idea.

Regards

shiedat
Visitor

It is very interesting.  This morning, I switched off my Sony Xperia Z tablet and the next moment. I could not get it to start again.  I tried all I could to start it but all to no avail.  I now went to google to see if I could get people with similar problem and the solution proferred.  I tried all the ones I saw but all failed until I read your solution.  I pressed both the up volume and the start botton together and immediately, my tablet came back to life.  I will keep this in mind when next i have a similar problem.  Thank you.

Mantheos
Visitor

Hi All,

I have exactly the same problem and nothing works. Do we have to just take it in to a shop for repairs?

megt
Visitor

Hello,

My sony xperia tablet gave a low battery alert, got down to about 20%, then had an alert that said something about it being too hot. I did not feel any temperature changes. It completely shut down. I put it on the cradle to recharge. It has been on all night. It still will not turn on. What can i do?

Jonas
Master

Hi @Mantheos and @megt, sorry to hear that you are both experiencing this behaviour with your Xperia Tablet Z devices. Slightly_frowning_Face

I would recommend that both of you start with holding both the power button and volume up button at the same time for 10 seconds. This will force the device to shut down.

When the tablet has shut down, charge it for 3-4 hours using the original wall charger and cable that was included together with your tablets and try powering it on again after doing this.

If the behaviour persists, try performing a software repair using Xperia Companion. Do note that this will delete all data stored on the device and since it can't be powered, creating a backup is not possible.

If you can't power on your tablets after doing the above, they will need to be examined at an authorized service centre and your Local support teams will assist you further with this.

Let me know if that helps!

megt
Visitor

Thank you so much!

It's now alive! Just up to 10% and climbing.

Jonas
Master

Hi again @megt, I'm very happy to hear that and I hope that you were able to charge the tablet to 100% again and that everything is working as it should! Slightly_smiling_Face

Let me know if there is anything else.

Blyss
Visitor

Hi, my Tablet Xperia Z cannot stay on for longer than a minute or two. I have tried everything and even managed to reformat everything, but it still persists. Even when plugged in charger, it still just stays on for a minute or two. And then it dies off. And so it chages few % and I keep going until its now at 82%. Is there anyway for me to revive this unit???