Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Z Tablet - Won't Start

djohnson
Visitor

Xperia Z Tablet - Won't Start

Hi....love my Xperia Z Tablet!  I have followed all of the trouble shooting tips (plugging in for 30+min, trying a different adapter, etc...) And, it still won't turn on....what do I do?

41 REPLIES 41
lazy74

Same problem with my Tablet Z.

Ich can´t turn it on.

The reset Vol- and Power does not work. I tried it several times.

Wenn I plug in the charger (meanwhile about 4 hours) nothings happens, no red lights appear. The charger stays cold.

I tried the charger on my Nexus10, there it works. On the other way, the Nexus-charger doesn´t work on the Sony.

I tried to conect the tablet with my PC but this fails, too. The PC does not recognice the tablet. I cannot conect with the Sony Update Software and the PC Companion.

Maybe the batterie is dead or the USB-Port is damaged? Is this a well known problem with sony products?

Sam
Legend
Legend

Hi lazy74 and welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

This is not a common problem with this device. Given what you have described I would have to advise you to contact your local Xperia Care team so that they may assist in arranging an assessment of your device.

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

lazy74

Was I wrong with the guidelines? Sorry.

Okay, I will call the german callcenter on tomorrow, today is holiday here in germany 😉

SaturdaysChild
Visitor

Exctly the same happened to me yesterday. I checked my charge lead on other devices and it works perfectly. None of the switch power on while pressing this, that or the other works. There is no sign of life. I was just about to by the Z2 but rethinking completely now.

chinaspy
Visitor

The best is keep out Sony Tablet next time.Samsung never problem like that!

Naheel
Visitor

Hi,
I'm facing the same problem from yesterday.
I tried pressing power and volume up buttons, repair with pc companion, flash an ftf file that made before on flash tool, charged it for more that 2 hours with no use.
the device is totally died, I can't boot, get into recovery, flash mode or fast boot mode.
And for people who are saying that it get back to life after day or tow, should I just wait?

Please Sony explain what's happening and what should I do

Naheel
Visitor

Hello people, anybody there!?

Day 3, still out of life

Janne303
Visitor

Tried contact service? Mine died to and Im going to send it in. Tried all things people said here...
Naheel
Visitor

I believe they will say it's motherboard problem. There must be a fix

Naheel
Visitor

Sony please help. It's the 9th day without my tablet z