Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Z Tablet - Won't Start

djohnson
Visitor

Xperia Z Tablet - Won't Start

Hi....love my Xperia Z Tablet!  I have followed all of the trouble shooting tips (plugging in for 30+min, trying a different adapter, etc...) And, it still won't turn on....what do I do?

41 REPLIES 41
Sam
Legend
Legend

@Kuba5262 - Have you tried the steps provided above to potentially resolve this issue?

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Kuba5262
Visitor

@sam My issue was like rm951. My tablet works fine right now. Thx for advice

Cottontail
Visitor

I have the same problem. My device "shuts down/ wont start" for no apparent reason. Even with more than 50% battery.
I have tried repairing with pc-companion but without result.
It is occuring maybe once a week. What should i do?
Sam
Legend
Legend

@Cottontail - The way you have described this implies that this has happened on more than one occasion. So that I can give you the correct answer, can you please advise what you have been doing to get it to power back up after this occurs?

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

chinaspy
Visitor

My tablet Z also same problem. I am watching movie suddenly screen off. I press power then up, after unlock creen, it off again, some time not off, some time off everytime. It just happen few week now. PC companion reset not help at all. Why display only 30Minutes? Why always on like Ipaq or other tablet ?

Sony please support this problem?

Sam
Legend
Legend

@chinaspy - Are you using the default player or a third party one?

sony_logo126x24.gif

chinaspy
Visitor

I don't download any third party , unless play game. Not only video even check email, reading news.. if the tablet ..feeling sad, it turn off screen , i unlock screen, it off again. Only 3 month used

Sam
Legend
Legend

Can you please clarify, you indicated that it was going into standby when watching a video, this is why I was asking about a third party video player. However under normal use the display will go into standby when not in use for a period of time, though some applications can override this.

sony_logo126x24.gif

chinaspy
Visitor

No, I used the default app in tablet and set standby at 30Minute. I touched the sreen every 2 minute, but if it (tablet Z)happy, it stay , if not it turn off sreen. Even watch youtube the same. Althrough after unlock, screen just light up then off and repeat many time. Worst Sony Tablet

ivopazdosreis
Visitor

I had the exact same problem and @rm951solution worked like a charm!

@rm951 wrote:

My tablet shut off last night out of no where.  The battery had a full charge.  I set it down for 30 mins and it was dead.  The power did not do anything.  No lights would turn or anything.  This morning however, I held the up volume button and power. I got a sign of life and the tablet rebooted.  Its on now and functioning perfectly.  This will be something I will keep my eye out for tho.