Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Z Tablet - Won't Start

djohnson
Visitor

Xperia Z Tablet - Won't Start

Hi....love my Xperia Z Tablet!  I have followed all of the trouble shooting tips (plugging in for 30+min, trying a different adapter, etc...) And, it still won't turn on....what do I do?

41 REPLIES 41
Jake-SonyXperia
Champion

You may be able to perform a software repair on the device using PC Companion. This is done with the device turned off.

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/tools/pc-companion/

Use the link above to download PC Companion. To perform the software repair do the following.

1. Start PC Companion

2. Start Support Zone

3. Start Phone/Tablet Software update

4. Click Repair Phone/Tablet

5. Follow the on screen steps.

Note: this will remove data as stated.

djohnson
Visitor

Hi, thanks for responding so quickly.  I followed your steps, but there seems to be no response from the Tablet.  No lights, no connection recognized.

Jake-SonyXperia
Champion

Are you able to keep the Table on wall charge for an hour before attempting the task? Also make sure when doing the repair that you do not have the device connected, it must be disconnected until it asks you to hold down the down volume key while inserting the USB cable.

Make sure to continue holding the Down Volume key, as PC Companion will tell you when to let go.

labk
Visitor

Hi. I have the very same problems auth my Xperia Tablet Z, which should be my Christmas present fir my wide... I've gone through all of those steps described above without any success. My PC could not recognize the tablet, so I could not continue with further steps. Even it did not respond to any buttons after I had switched it off since 13 tours by now, after the system update (Android). Could you tell me what to do next before bringing it back to the service, please.

TH3ORY1
Visitor

@Jake-SonyXperiaSupport Hey jake slightly off topic, i flashed my SGP321 with a Indian 4G Firmware. and i was going to repair my tablet via Sony Bridge For Mac... Before the flash is about to proceed, Sony Bridge ask me to select witch tablet i own there are 3 tablet Z to choose from ? And none of them are SGP321 ? So my question is witch one do i select to repair my tablet ? Thanks

Sam
Legend
Legend

If you are using PC Companion it doesn’t matter, the selection you choose simply dictates what instructions are provided, the firmware is based on what the program detects regarding the hardware connected.

Don't forget to mark posts that answers the topic as Accepted Solution. 
If you find any post helpful, press Kudos.
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

labk
Visitor

Hi again, I don't have any more options than taking my non-working Tablet Z to the shop, since my question above has not been answered so far, unfortunately... Therefore, I don't know what to tell, but might be better not to tell anything. Thanks...
rm951
Visitor

My tablet shut off last night out of no where.  The battery had a full charge.  I set it down for 30 mins and it was dead.  The power did not do anything.  No lights would turn or anything.  This morning however, I held the up volume button and power. I got a sign of life and the tablet rebooted.  Its on now and functioning perfectly.  This will be something I will keep my eye out for tho.  

Kuba5262
Visitor

I had same issue today. Tablet was full charge this morning but afternoon it was off and cannot power up.

I tried to on, but it was dead on charger too.

Power+volume up maked led blink once and tablet just turned on.