Word nu lid en maak deel uit van onze community!

terrible customer service

OPGELOST
pollarj
Lid

terrible customer service

I would seriously thing about it before ordering from sony. I ordered a TV that was faulty. I phoned up and they said that was fine they would arrange collection and a replacement would be sent out upon receipt of the return. The couriers would be in touch. Well almost 2 weeks later still no call from the couriers. I phoned Sony multiple times and keep getting told that they are having problems with there couriers. I asked if I could speak to them and arrange collection myself and they said no this was not possible. I phoned up last on Wednesday and was told the problem was resolved with the couriers and they would be in touch. Its now Sunday and still no call. Really how difficult can it be? I think the customer services quite unhelpful and dismissive of my issue when I phone. Anyway anyone thinking of ordering be aware that if you have to return for any reason you could be in for a long wait. In the hope that anyone from Sony monitors this my order is 303633467. Also I don't see the point of having an email address that you fail to respond to.
48 ANTWOORDEN 48
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Kampioen

I am hopeful that the person who has been in contact will be able to sort this for you..😉
pollarj
Lid

They seem the post competent person that I have spoken to. It seems they didn't have the house name on the pickup for yesterday. Anyway just recieved this. So hopefully today. Will update later.

our order 83650950 will be collected between 20:18 - 21:18.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Kampioen

If it is the guy I am thinking contacted you, then yes he is a good guy & will hopefully get this sorted as soon as he can..😊
pollarj
Lid

Unfortunately its was a no show for the courier. Waited till about 11PM and went to bed. So the saga drags on.....

pollarj
Lid

Still no sign of the courier to pick this TV up. Do you know if anyone at Sony is still on the case of this?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Kampioen

I hope so & have forwarded your comments on & as soon as I hear anything I'll update this thread..

pollarj
Lid

Well out of the blue the courier turned up. He had no paperwork so had obviously just be phoned on route to pick this up. Anyway hopefully it makes its way safely to Sony and I get a refund.

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Bijdrager

Hoorah!

That's some good news although personally I don't think I'd have given him my TV without some form of collection note. As per you original letter from Sony....

4.  Please, ask the driver to provide a signed receipt for your parcel when you hand it over.

5. Please keep this document until completion of the return process. Sony will only be able to assist you with any claims for lost goods if you have this document.

Do you know the name of the courier company? Might be best to phone them and ask for the collection note to be emailed to you. Just airing on the side of caution here. Perhaps even phone Sony to let them know the situation.

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
pollarj
Lid

Yes I am not too happy about that. I wasn't there for the collection. My wife asked the driver for a receipt and they said it wasn't there policy. She has his name and number but thats it so I could be in for trouble. I am with you I personally wouldn't have let it go but its done now.

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Bijdrager

Hi there,

Yes I fully understand, forgive me if my previous message appeared alarmist in any way but these things have a nasty habit of coming back to bite us when we least expect it. You might have read another post here whereby another customer had the same issue, it was frustrating for them because the courier company conveniently misplaced the item in their warehouse causing weeks of further delays for that customer. Sony refused to budge an inch until the product was back in their hands.

Thankfully that issue is now resolved but needless to say I think it would be best to try and get that collection note if at all possible. The courier company should be able to send you an acknowledgement by email, just give them the drivers name & number. You could explain what your letter from Sony says if they refuse, perhaps even record the telephone call on your mobile?

Wishing you well anyway, hopefully things will turn out ok. :wink:

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14