Word nu lid en maak deel uit van onze community!

terrible customer service

OPGELOST
pollarj
Lid

terrible customer service

I would seriously thing about it before ordering from sony. I ordered a TV that was faulty. I phoned up and they said that was fine they would arrange collection and a replacement would be sent out upon receipt of the return. The couriers would be in touch. Well almost 2 weeks later still no call from the couriers. I phoned Sony multiple times and keep getting told that they are having problems with there couriers. I asked if I could speak to them and arrange collection myself and they said no this was not possible. I phoned up last on Wednesday and was told the problem was resolved with the couriers and they would be in touch. Its now Sunday and still no call. Really how difficult can it be? I think the customer services quite unhelpful and dismissive of my issue when I phone. Anyway anyone thinking of ordering be aware that if you have to return for any reason you could be in for a long wait. In the hope that anyone from Sony monitors this my order is 303633467. Also I don't see the point of having an email address that you fail to respond to.
48 ANTWOORDEN 48
pollarj
Lid

Needless to say I have still had no contact from Sony. I could phone them again but it would be half and hour at least wasted.

pollarj
Lid

They certainly don't do anything with any sense of urgenency. Still no contact, tommorow it will be 4 weeks since I phoned them to arrange collection. I will have to give them another phone call to be told the same old nonsense. 

I will probably follow up with a phone call to citizens advice as I am obviously going to have to take it else where to progress any further

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Bijdrager

Perhaps Thalamus can chase this up again for you?

Citizens advice is an option, you can contact them online here: Call the Citizens Advice consumer helpline

Having gone through a very similar situation a few years ago might I suggest that you sit down and create a diary of events.

For example:

1.Date of purchase & Price Paid

2.Where purchased

3.When the problem first arose

4.Describe the problem/s in simple easy to understand terms

5.Who you have contacted about this problem (give names/job titles if possible) and on what dates

6.What their response was if any

7.How many times you have since contacted them

8.Plus anything else which you think would be useful to note, video of the issue, photographs, emails from Sony

Once you have this information written down keep updating it with any new evidence. It is much easier to prove neglect by a company if you have all the facts written down. You will also need this information should you speak to the Citizens Advice or pursue legal action.

Hopefully it won't get this far but it's useful to keep this diary, either way it's better to prepare now than leave it until the last minute.

Best of luck!

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
pollarj
Lid

Thanks. I think thats my next step. I appeal to people from Sony if you read this. Please can you escalate again. Its been 4 weeks since I arranged my return. One more phone call may be on the cards. It will be a waste of time though

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Kampioen

@MK_Slinky wrote:

Perhaps Thalamus can chase this up again for you?

Was already chasing..:smileywink:

@pollarj wrote:

They certainly don't do anything with any sense of urgenency. Still no contact, tommorow it will be 4 weeks since I phoned them to arrange collection. I will have to give them another phone call to be told the same old nonsense. 

I will probably follow up with a phone call to citizens advice as I am obviously going to have to take it else where to progress any further

Not an answer unfortunately but I can confirm that this has been raised up a few levels now, so hope for some feedback soon..

If you do hear anything before me could you update ths thread please.?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Kampioen

@pollarj wrote:

I appeal to people from Sony if you read this. Please can you escalate again.

Just to avoid any possible confusion - users with a title Expert are not Sony employees but that doesn't mean that we can't try & help..:smileywink:

pollarj
Lid

Thanks, appreciate the effort. I am wondering how many levels they have. 🙂

pollarj
Lid

So I phoned them again today. I asked to speak to a manager, none available. Standard response of we will email ukmail and you should hear something within 2 days. There seems to be nowhere to go with them. They guy said I could email in a complaint. This is the same company that never resonds to email. I have already emailed in a complaint.

Anyway phoned citizens advice and took the first steps. Will phone my credit card company later as they are jointly responsible. Thanks everyone for advice/help.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Kampioen

@pollarj wrote:
Thanks, appreciate the effort. I am wondering how many levels they have. 🙂

From what I can tell there a serveral levels in each department..

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Kampioen

pollarj wrote:

Anyway phoned citizens advice and took the first steps. Will phone my credit card company later as they are jointly responsible. Thanks everyone for advice/help.

Thanks for the update, I'll keep trying to get this resolved best I can from my side but if you come to another arragment with your CC company & want me to stop could you kindly let me know please..