Join now - be part of our community!

terrible customer service

SOLVED
pollarj

terrible customer service

I would seriously thing about it before ordering from sony. I ordered a TV that was faulty. I phoned up and they said that was fine they would arrange collection and a replacement would be sent out upon receipt of the return. The couriers would be in touch. Well almost 2 weeks later still no call from the couriers. I phoned Sony multiple times and keep getting told that they are having problems with there couriers. I asked if I could speak to them and arrange collection myself and they said no this was not possible. I phoned up last on Wednesday and was told the problem was resolved with the couriers and they would be in touch. Its now Sunday and still no call. Really how difficult can it be? I think the customer services quite unhelpful and dismissive of my issue when I phone. Anyway anyone thinking of ordering be aware that if you have to return for any reason you could be in for a long wait. In the hope that anyone from Sony monitors this my order is 303633467. Also I don't see the point of having an email address that you fail to respond to.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Has someone from Sony been in contact with again since your last post.?

View solution in original post

48 REPLIES 48
Simon-H
Explorer

Hi there pollarj :slight_smile:

I have escalated this message to Customer Support at Sony to try and get this looked into for you.

Someone should be in touch with you as soon as possible.

Regards,

Simon H - Community Manager

alwilde16
Explorer

It's hard to believe such a large company as Sony doesn't care about how their dedicated customer base percieve them. They really do not care what their customers think of them.

Soidogbob
New

why does us/canada have online support but europe has an email address?

No reply no use and no soultion to my terrible machine.

pollarj

Its still ongoing, I phoned them last week and was told it had been escalated. I phoned again today and was told that they are having issues with the couriers. I asked to speak to a manager etc none available. So I am still no closer to resolving this. I have never had such bad service in all my years of buying things. Its 1 day short of a month since I bought the TV. I just wish I had never ordered this and gone to someone like John Lewis.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi pollarj,

Have asked one of our contacts within Sony to investigate your case, if we get any information we will post it in this thread..

Could you ensure your contact details in your Community profile is upto date as they may need to contact your direct..

pollarj

Thanks. I don't hold out much hope. I was promised a call back by a manager today but of course that didn't happen. I honestly believe Sony do not care for their customers in any shape or form. It amounts to theft holding onto my money and giving me a tv that is useless sat in a box in my hallway. They should be made to pay me for storage.
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

As a word of caution, when the courier does collect your dead TV make sure he gives you a collection note or something to prove he has taken it away. I read a similar post to yours the other night whereby a customer was given no such note! The courier company promptly lost the package in transit leaving the customer in a very awkward situation.

Don't accept no for an answer, you must do this or it is your word against their's if it goes missing!!

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
pollarj

Thanks for the tip. It doesn't seem that I am alone with my troubles with Sony. Shame as they make good products but its not worth the hassle if anything goes wrong

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

You're welcome!

No you're certainly not alone, the trouble is we seem to see lots of similar complaints on these forums. Like you say it's a shame and yes Sony do make some nice products but customer service always seems to let them down. I really wish they could get on top of that one!

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14