Join now - be part of our community!

terrible customer service

SOLVED
pollarj

terrible customer service

I would seriously thing about it before ordering from sony. I ordered a TV that was faulty. I phoned up and they said that was fine they would arrange collection and a replacement would be sent out upon receipt of the return. The couriers would be in touch. Well almost 2 weeks later still no call from the couriers. I phoned Sony multiple times and keep getting told that they are having problems with there couriers. I asked if I could speak to them and arrange collection myself and they said no this was not possible. I phoned up last on Wednesday and was told the problem was resolved with the couriers and they would be in touch. Its now Sunday and still no call. Really how difficult can it be? I think the customer services quite unhelpful and dismissive of my issue when I phone. Anyway anyone thinking of ordering be aware that if you have to return for any reason you could be in for a long wait. In the hope that anyone from Sony monitors this my order is 303633467. Also I don't see the point of having an email address that you fail to respond to.
48 REPLIES 48
pollarj

of course I will keep you informed. I am hoping it can be resolved but phoning them seems to result in the same thing every time which is that we will email the courier and wait 2 days and they will be in touch. They really need to learn some customer service skills

pollarj

Well letter in the post, sent recorded delivery to remind them of their obligations. I have no doubt it will be ignored but at least I will have a record of this.

pollarj

So  recieved an email today which is a joke. Particulary the opening lines. I recieve this after over 4 weeks!!!

Still no contact as yet.

Your return order 9045924

Dear joseph pollard

At Sony, we strive to deliver superior quality products with the highest levels of customer service every time you shop with us. We
regret that you had to request a return for your purchase and will make sure you receive a replacement order or refund as quickly as
possible.

Steps of our return process.

1. Your parcel will be collected within 2 days (3 days for Ireland)

2. If needed, you can re-arrange the collection day with the carrier.

3. Upon collection, the courier will apply a label on the parcel containing the reference number.

4.  Please, ask the driver to provide a signed receipt for your parcel when you hand it over.

5. Please keep this document until completion of the return process. Sony will only be able to assist you with any claims for lost
goods if you have this document.

Please make sure you remove any previous shipping labels from the original packaging and that you to securely seal your parcel for
transit.

Replacement order / Refund:
The speed at which you will receive your replacement product or refund depends on how quickly we receive the returned goods from
you. Generally you should allow 7 working days from the moment the goods are received at our Returns Centre.

Your Sony Team
www.sony.co.uk

Sony United Kingdom and Ireland,
a division of Sony Europe Limited,
A company registered in England and Wales
Registered office: The Heights, Brooklands, Weybridge, Surrey, KT13 0XW
Registered company number:  2422874

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hmm I must agree in your case it's not really the best opening line..
pollarj

Well 5 weeks today since I logged the TV was faulty and still nothing from Sony. This is beyond a joke.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi,
I have been informed that you should have received an email informing you that collection is planned for today, can you confirm this??
I note that they Sony have been unable to contact you by phone hence the email, if you want to send me a private message with a phone number that you can easily be reached on I happily forward this on for you..
pollarj

Yes I receieved an email yesterday saying that it was going to be collected yesterday. Needless to say it wasn't collected so have no idea what is going on.

I have no idea why they have no been able to contact me by phone. My mobile number is in my profile. I have no missed calls or voicemails so this sounds like nonsense to me. If they want to call me this morning I will only be too happy to discuss with them. To say they couldn't call me has just wound me up, I don't know who they think they are but its no way to treat customers

pollarj

Sorry, I am just getting a bit frustrated by the whole process. I appreciate all your help.

UK mail also sent an email yesterday.I don't have a card from them or anything to say I missed them and the reference number isn't valid when clicking on the links to check the status

Your order 83650950 will be collected between 01:29 - 02:29.

Your order is now out for delivery with our driver, and will be delivered between the times stated above.

If you would like a FREE text or e-mail when your delivery is our driver's next stop, please click the button below and follow the instructions on the screen.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

I can understand your frustration so no need to apologise, I can confirm that I recieved the PM thanks & have forwarded the info on, keep me posted please..
pollarj

OK I had a call from them, thanks.

Not totally sure when collection is going to happen but should be next couple of days. It was supposed to be yesterday. Anyway we will see what happends and will post if there is any update