Join now - be part of our community!

Wrong time + greyed out time options (Bravia 2015 Android TV)

andrebrd
New

Wrong time + greyed out time options (Bravia 2015 Android TV)

Hi,

I have the KDL-50W755C, Bravia 2015 Android TV. Unfortunately, the time is wrong - its time is 88 minutes in the future. I wanted to change it in the settings, but all options are greyed out. When I go to "Settings" --> "Date & Time" --> "Time", only the option "Use 24-hour format" is available. All other 3 options, one of them "Set time", are greyed out. The time zone is the correct one.

So now the TV is showing a wrong time and is not allowing to change it. What can I do about it?

Thanks for your help!

Tags (2)
87 REPLIES 87
profile.country.NL.title
Johnny_76
Explorer

Much to my suprise I managed to figure out how to run the ADB solution and it worked. 24 hours later it's still working.

Thanks Hermant.

Shocking that Sony haven't moved sooner to address this issue.

profile.country.NL.title
Berney
New

Same problem here. Partially no network, wire or wifi. Although the connection test succeeded. Netflix worked,but every other important app failed. It happened after disconnecting DVB-C a view weeks ago and a power failure occured. That messaged up the date and time. And the option to set it grey out. PLEASE SONY FIX THIS ASAP!!! Why is it mandatory to use the build in tuner

or use difficult ticks, if I want to use Android TV?

Thank you thank you thank you

This fixed my network connectivity issues instantly after been driven insane for 2 hours.

ridiculous that this type of issues occur on a tv of over 2000 euros and the Sony support page itself does not provide any usable insights

edit: I was replying to this post, but I guess reply just adds a message to the bottom of the entire thread:

———

Re: Wrong time + greyed out time options (Bravia 2015 Android TV)

Just found an easier way to fix this, you need to enable developer options by clicking Settings > About > Build, 5 times (just like on any other android device), then goto Settings > Developer options, and toggle off "Use broadcast-provided time as TV clock".  (This fixes it instantly and you will see the thumbnails start to load in the background)

I too only use the TV for PS4 and netflix and don't have an antenna connected, so every time I unplug from the wall, it forgets the time and can't get it from the broadcast.

BTW I too am in NL, so maybe it's some local copyright law requirement, so the tv owners can't set their time backwards to watch expired video recordings or digital rentals.

———

profile.country.NL.title
Remcorj
Explorer

unfortunately i don't have this option in Android 8.0

profile.country.GB.title
Pindakaas0101
Explorer

Exact same problem here.... And solved it (for me):

I normally use an external digital TV decoder (Ziggo) with my Bravia, connected with a HDMI, and live in NL.

In another TV i have a CI+ module installed. Plugged this CI+ module and the coax cable from my external decoder in my Bravia. Scanned for digital channels (and found some). It immediately set the correct time/date and restored the internet access.... Removed the CI+ module and coax again. Kept working for now....

rctroodt
Explorer

Thanks a lot! Now I can cast to my Sony again.

Strange thing was that all direct network traffic was not working (upgrades, cast, ...) but internet access over apps did (netflix, youtube, ...)

So I contacted Sony NL and their provided solution (which worked for my TV) was to indeed switch the location setting to belgium. Instructions provided were:

Om uw internetprobleem op te lossen, verzoeken we u de volgende stappen uit te voeren:

Stap 1: Fabrieksinstellingen herstellen

Afhankelijk van uw televisie:

• Ga naar Home - Instellingen - Opslag en Herstel – Fabrieksinstelling: voer deze uit
  • Ga naar Home - Instellingen - Apparaatvoorkeuren - Fabrieksherstel - Fabrieksinstellingen terug zetten - Alles wissen.

Stap 2: landinstelling België

Na het herstellen van de fabrieksinstellingen, moet u uw televisie opnieuw instellen. Bij de landinstellingen, selecteer de optie België.

Eenmaal terug op het startscherm (HOME), ga naar datum en tijd in uw instellingen.

Selecteer eerst automatisch tijd instellen en dan netwerk tijd. Eenmaal de tijd en datum correct zijn ingesteld, kan uw toestel verbinding maken met het internet.

With the comment to only log in to google account after doing this.

Why this can not be updated on their helppage on this topics beats me. (or solve it properly in the SW)

Anyway, for me problem solved

profile.country.GB.title
walkingdutchman
Explorer

Update from me: 2 weeks ago I used the ADB method to correct the time, and it kept working fine. Until I had to pull the powerplug recently to move the TV, which made it lose the time again. Luckily using the ADB method now takes barely a minute; boot my laptop, ADB connect to the tv, enable auto_time, and done. Much much faster than the factory reset suggested by Sony's support (I received an identical answer as Arnie12345... somehow I've no hope that they will fix this.)

profile.country.NL.title
den_the_man
Explorer

I have used an old coaxial cable as a dvb-t antenna. My father suggested to use this instead of a dvb-t antenna. I guided the cable to the closest window next to my television and I let my Sony tv search for digital channels.  To my own surprise it found 51 channels. Dutch NPO was one of them. Immediately it synced the time via this channel and all apps are accessible again. To me this seems like a very simple solution to this problem. Therefore I wanted to share this with all of you. I hope it can help somebody. Beside that Sony should be ashamed of themselves for not solving this issue. 

Ik heb dit probleem ook sinds een week gehad. Ik ben in de familie gaan vragen om een dvb-t antenne. Mijn vader had deze niet meer, maar stelde voor om een gewone coax kabel te gebruiken als dvb-t antenne. Ik was zeer sceptisch, maar toch uitgeprobeerd. Om de kans op een goede ontvangst te vergroten, heb ik de kabel door het raam naar buiten gehangen en daarna de tv laten zoeken naar digitale zenders. Tot mijn grote verbazing werden er 51 gevonden, waaronder de free-to-air zenders van de NPO. De tijd werd gelijk gesynchroniseerd en alles doet het weer. Ongelofelijk! Dus voordat iedereen geld gaat uitgeven aan een dvb-t antenne, probeer eens een oude hoax kabel. 

I do not leave my kd75-xe8596 in standby. Power is cut off every day during the night.

No issue till the last Android 8 update.

tv also gave the error; Ethernet not connected.

netflix worked, but all other services could not connect to internet.

tried several things and also noticed time and date setting was greyed out.

resetted device fully, than right after setup went to time and date settings.

changed the setting to; network time.

since than no further issues. Power is cut off every evening. Time and date is updated right after start of the tv, i can see the time change to the correct value. 

hope this helps others that are struggling with the same issue!