Join now - be part of our community!

Wrong time + greyed out time options (Bravia 2015 Android TV)

andrebrd
New

Wrong time + greyed out time options (Bravia 2015 Android TV)

Hi,

I have the KDL-50W755C, Bravia 2015 Android TV. Unfortunately, the time is wrong - its time is 88 minutes in the future. I wanted to change it in the settings, but all options are greyed out. When I go to "Settings" --> "Date & Time" --> "Time", only the option "Use 24-hour format" is available. All other 3 options, one of them "Set time", are greyed out. The time zone is the correct one.

So now the TV is showing a wrong time and is not allowing to change it. What can I do about it?

Thanks for your help!

Tags (2)
87 REPLIES 87
profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Did you try this:

http://sony-eur-eu-en-web--eur.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/83480/kw/date%20time%20wrong

but if this is 88 minutes and not integer hours there can be a software or hardware issue.

Try disconnecting from modem router and then watch a dvb channel to see if corrected.

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Also have a look if by mistake you entered Store Mode(Retail Mode Settings) and disable by selecting Home Mode.

Another problem could be internal CMOS( back-up) battery if of course new TV sets include one on their mainboard. But then you should have and some other issues like lost settings, channels etc

kdl-32xxx.jpg

profile.country.NL.title
hija31

@andrebrd

Did you solve this?

I'm having a same problem at KD-55XD8599 model.

profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

@hija31

Is your Automatic date & time set to OFF? With other options you can't manually change time and date and that's why they are greyed out.

profile.country.NL.title
hija31

It's set to "Use brodcast time" and I can't change it, because is greyed out!!!!

profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

hmmmm..... that option should always be available. Are you using some restriction on the profile? Or maybe another profile? Didn't try that personaly but..... I know that using VPNs can sometimes mess up network time.

profile.country.NL.title
hija31

I've just reseted the TV and now it's showing the correct time, but the option is still greyed out.

Automatic time zone is "On" and greyed out.

No, I'm not using any restrictions and using only one profile.

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Hi @hija31

Same issue for me here :

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/v3865-missing-automatic-time-zone-adjustment/m-p/2324255#...

The difference is that mine is set to OFF

rit_mrtns
Explorer

I'm having the exact same issue. ANd because of that I can't play Netflix. How did you solve your problem?