Join now - be part of our community!

Wrong time + greyed out time options (Bravia 2015 Android TV)

andrebrd
New

Wrong time + greyed out time options (Bravia 2015 Android TV)

Hi,

I have the KDL-50W755C, Bravia 2015 Android TV. Unfortunately, the time is wrong - its time is 88 minutes in the future. I wanted to change it in the settings, but all options are greyed out. When I go to "Settings" --> "Date & Time" --> "Time", only the option "Use 24-hour format" is available. All other 3 options, one of them "Set time", are greyed out. The time zone is the correct one.

So now the TV is showing a wrong time and is not allowing to change it. What can I do about it?

Thanks for your help!

Tags (2)
87 REPLIES 87
profile.country.NL.title
nenadx
Explorer

I can't changed it from broadcast to network, because it is grayed out?

Is there a way to enable full access to settings options?

profile.country.NL.title
WouterEnsing
Explorer

Hi @nenadx 

It seems like I am having the exact same problem. Have you been able to solve it in the end? And if so, how exactly?

Kind regards,

Wouter

profile.country.NL.title
Del369

I have exactly the same issue on KD-55XF9005, this is a JOKE right? this issue was first reported (HERE) in 2016 and this is still not fixed, ergo THIS IS A JOKE RIGHT?
profile.country.NL.title
Del369

I do have a semi solution to this, for me I believe the issue is happening because I don't use local TV so "use Broadcast time" maybe failing as I'm not sync'd to the TV Guide and I use almost exclusively Netflix or HDMI (which seems to have set itself as default) once I activated the Guide it sync'd, before that it was set to June20th and was about 4hrs behind. I paid a lot of money for this TV and to find it can't even manually set a Time and Timezone ***** me off badly, it stinks of the usual big company cost cutting and outsourcing!
profile.country.NL.title
radavi
Explorer

And how to activate that guide? I have the same problem:

Greyed out date/time options. AND not being able to GoogleCast (after software update on TV). 2018 model bravia.

Eupastor
New

I have exactly the same issue. I think it came out with the last Android update. I reset the TV’ the time went ok. But then, I unplugged the cable for other teasons, and the time was wrong again

profile.country.NL.title
WouterEnsing
Explorer

Sony's help desk responded by now. The problem is indeed that the time can't be synced with a broadcast signal if you don't have a tv connection (I have only an internet connection). The reason for the fact that you can't change what your TV syncs with is unclear. However, it can be solved by resetting to the factory settings, and setting your country to a neighbouring country. For example, I live in the Netherlands, and if I set it to Belgium, the settings are unabled again. If I change the sync option to 'Sync to network', the time is set correctly. Coincidentally, casting to the TV works again as well. Hopefully this helps other people with this same problem.

profile.country.NL.title
radavi
Explorer

So this happens in 2015 and now again in 2019 !? Same crap development team?

but the tip of changing country to 'not your own' seemed to work

profile.country.NL.title
Wernervs
Explorer

H O W   D O E S  T H I S  T V  S Y N C  I T S  I N T E R N A L   C L O C K ?

Time config through the menu is clearly bugged and i cannot get it to work...

This morning out of nothing it thought it was living in 2016... 

I've read it syncs its time through dvb-signal but what if i only use internet??????????? 

All other devices work fine on the network (right date and time). Also I have a NTP daemon installed on a network client (acting as a local NTP server)... NOTHING happens on the Bravia, it's not picking it up!!!

What is going on here???

Options to manipulate time are greyed out on the TV - WHY!!!

profile.country.NL.title
WouterEnsing
Explorer

Hi @Wernervs . Did you try the solution that worked for me (see above)? Perhaps that will help for you as well.