Join now - be part of our community!

Wrong time + greyed out time options (Bravia 2015 Android TV)

andrebrd
New

Wrong time + greyed out time options (Bravia 2015 Android TV)

Hi,

I have the KDL-50W755C, Bravia 2015 Android TV. Unfortunately, the time is wrong - its time is 88 minutes in the future. I wanted to change it in the settings, but all options are greyed out. When I go to "Settings" --> "Date & Time" --> "Time", only the option "Use 24-hour format" is available. All other 3 options, one of them "Set time", are greyed out. The time zone is the correct one.

So now the TV is showing a wrong time and is not allowing to change it. What can I do about it?

Thanks for your help!

Tags (2)
87 REPLIES 87
profile.country.NL.title
pstpsk

I've tried that in the past, before I knew that simply connecting a terra or sat antenna solved this problem (I use the sat method).

For now I'm waiting for the firmware update. 

profile.country.NL.title
RobertAntonR
Explorer

We hebben ook  KD-65AG9 en na de laatste firmware update het probleem met wel verbinding - geen internet.

Dit werkte bij ons wel:

"Just found an easier way to fix this, you need to enable developer options by clicking Settings > About > Build, click 5 times (just like on any other android device), then goto Settings > Developer options, and toggle off "Use broadcast-provided time as TV clock". 

profile.country.NL.title
RobertAntonR
Explorer

Somewhere else in this topic I read a working solution:

"Just found an easier way to fix this, you need to enable developer options by clicking Home >Settings > About > Build, click 5 times (just like on any other android device), then goto Settings > Developer options, and toggle off "Use broadcast-provided time as TV clock".  

Then you have to restart Android by pressing  Home, choose Settings > About > Restart

Works fine!

In nederlands:

In dit forum vond ik de volgende oplossing die bij ons wel werkte:

Druk op Home >Instellingen > Over > Build, klik 5 keer (zoals gebruikelijk bij android apparaten), ga dan naar Instellingen >Apparaatvoorkruren > Ontwikkelaars opties, en zet het schuifje uit bij "Door uitzending verstrekte tijd gebruiken als TV klok".  

Daarna de TV herstarten via Home,>Instellingen > Over > Opnieuw starten.

Werkt uitstekend!

profile.country.GB.title
walkingdutchman
Explorer

I was happy to read about Sony releasing a patch for this some weeks ago. It wasn't immediately available for download on my TV, but checked today and there it was. After updating I gave it a test by disconnecting the power for a minute. Upon restarting the time was wrong for a few seconds, but then I witnessed it sync to the correct local time. Great! If any Sony dev or employee is reading along, thank you!

For reference, my TV is a KD-49XG9005 and I updated from Build 665551 to 665751. I have it connected to the internet which is how it retrieved the correct time.

profile.country.NL.title
pstpsk

Checked just a minute ago. Unfortunately still no update available for the KD-65AG9.

profile.country.NL.title
RobertAntonR
Explorer

I solved the problem myself by entering the developer mode en switch off the option for update the clock through the system time.

profile.country.NL.title
Frans0812
New

What worked for me was amazingly simple:

Since I am Dutch I usually have the language set to Dutch.

However that did not allow me to set the correct date and time. 

I then set the language to English and immediately the date and time were synched and correct.

Switching the language back to Dutch and everything worked like a charm.

Hope this helps others that experience the same problem.

Frans

profile.country.NL.title
DonyVanVliet
Explorer

Ik heb (net als zovele anderen) weer eens voor de zoveelste keer na een stroomonderbreking staan worstelen met mijn Sony NOT SO Smart TV. Alles wat ik tegen kwam in deze forum post werkte niet. Ik werk zelf in de ICT en ik kan me mede daardoor mateloos ergeren aan dit soort fouten die al jaren in een peperduur apparaat zitten en maar niet worden hersteld. Ik had ook geen zin in gedoe met ADB commando's, dat zie ik echt als allerlaatste optie.

Om 11 uur 's avonds kun je nergens meer een Digitenne aanschaffen. Maar ik had net als u nog wel ergens wat oude coaxkabels liggen. De eerste was te kort, de tweede ook, maar samen waren ze lang genoeg om 12 digitale zenders op te pikken. En voila, alle apps werken weer als een zonnetje!

Ontzettende bedankt voor deze GOUDEN TIP!

Mijn avond is gered, ik ga zo met een gerust hart slapen, mijn dochter kan morgen weer van alles casten vanaf haar iPad, kortom, u heeft mijn humeur, mijn weekend en mijn nachtrust gered met deze tip. Ik heb speciaal een Sony account aangemaakt om u te kunnen bedanken hiervoor.