Join now - be part of our community!

Tablet locked by MXTP

Fyll
Visitor

Tablet locked by MXTP

Hi,

after a reboot yesterday, i saw the "Theft protection"-"Protected" screen as usual.

But this time it told me that my "Password or Username" are wrong, but they are not.. so the whole tablet is locked now.

After i found this topic i tried to factory reset the tablet via "Sony PC Companion" and deleted all my data on it but its still locked.

Im unable to reset it via "My Xperia" cause ive removed my tablet there yesterday in hope it would help.

The local "Xperia Care" told me that sending it back to Sony and get it repaired at my own cost is the only way to get my new tablet back.

So for all of you who are still able to use the Tablet:
Please deactivate this buggy feature by
"Settings" -> "Security" -> "Protection by my Xperia"

as soon as possible - if you dont want to lose your tablet.

32 REPLIES 32
BillyGreece
Visitor

Hello,

I have buyed a Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet on ebay. After boot, I see a black myXperia lock-screen and a request to authenticate.

The vendor says that device is a factory "B" stock item, but it should work like a new one. I have an invoice for that device, as well.

Is there a way to disable that protection? I've tryed to repair with the Companion Software, but it doesn't help. I've googled and found no solutions.

Thank you in advance...

Billy

Tags (2)
profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

Nope, return it and get a refund or replacement through PayPal or vendor.
The mxtp is there to prevent the use or selling of stolen goods and cannot and should not be bypassed
I have never heard of Sony selling "factory B" goods, only new and refurbished, if this is refurbished it will still need returning to vendor so they can return to Sony to remove the lock.
Amy977
Visitor

but what about when the device is second hand? it is not possible to put in the details of the first google account. this has locked us out of a new tablet and now also on mobile phone. not good. we chose sony products specifically but the sony software is preventing us from using the devices