Join now - be part of our community!

Z4 Tablet 7.0/7.1 Nougat Bluetooth Battery Drain

Redfoot
Visitor

Z4 Tablet 7.0/7.1 Nougat Bluetooth Battery Drain

Hi,

I had no problems on Android 5.0 or 6.0 but after upgrading to 7.0 I started to development massive bluetooth battery drain - 80 to 90% or more of the battery usage used by bluetooth.

Whilst on 7.0 I did a factory reset. The issue went away immediately but then gradually came back again.

I've since upgraded to 7.1 latest version but the issue remains.

I use my tablet mostly as a work terminal via Citrix with the BKB50 keyboard and a bluetooth mouse so I leave bluetooth on all the time as I often need to use it. I turn both the keyboard and mouse off when not using them so bluetooth stays enabled on the tablet but not being used by any bluetooth devices.

See screenshot below..

Screenshot_20170830-122508.png

12 REPLIES 12
Karlos76
Visitor

Exactly same problem with my tablet. Even when not in use, if the bluetooth is turned on then it contributes to >95% of battery drain. It is draining twice as fast too.

Would welcome any updates on how to fix this

tom97
Visitor

Same problem with my Z4 Tablet. I use the original sony keyboard BKB50. I am waiting also for a fix.

Screenshot_20170904-201255.png

Jetmender
Visitor

I have exactly the same issue

Fahadd
Visitor

same issue :s

profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

Hello

have you all tried to perform software repair using Xperia Companion?

after the repair. do not install any apps yet, and try to observe the bluetooth performance

Redfoot
Visitor

Thanks for the tip, haven't tried that.

Does it work differently from factory resetting from the device itself?

Redfoot
Visitor

okay so I've wiped the tablet using the Sony Companion software and installed the latest version fresh.

Surprise surprise, Bluetooth battery drain is back.

Can anyone offer any suggestions? 

Thanks

satarsa
Visitor

I have the same problem after upgrade up to 7.1.

profile.country.en_GB.title
thintin
Visitor

Same problem here. Bluetooth draining full battery in a matter of hours! Has anyone found a fix for this?