Join now - be part of our community!

webcam driver help

SOLVED
profile.country.pl_PL.title
xyrelxy
Visitor

webcam driver help

hi there sir/madam,

im having trouble finding a webcam driver for my sony vaio VPCEJ1L1E/w its been 1week and i cant still find it.. :angry: any advice or link on how can i download the webcam driver thank you in advance

Message was edited by: xyrelxy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi xrebxy,

Your machine uses a built-in Windows driver so it is not available for download from Sony. Assuming that you still have the original operating system installed and the WebCam is not listed under imaging Devices in Device Manager then try the following:

Open Device Manager and expand USB Controllers > uninstall all items in the tree and then shut down. For belt and braces then disconnect the power adaptor, remove the battery and then hold down the power button for 30 seconds.

Re-attach the battery and power adaptor and reboot > Windows will reinstall the USB controllers.

Hopefully the camera will then be recognised. If not there could possibly be a hardware problem

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi xrebxy,

Your machine uses a built-in Windows driver so it is not available for download from Sony. Assuming that you still have the original operating system installed and the WebCam is not listed under imaging Devices in Device Manager then try the following:

Open Device Manager and expand USB Controllers > uninstall all items in the tree and then shut down. For belt and braces then disconnect the power adaptor, remove the battery and then hold down the power button for 30 seconds.

Re-attach the battery and power adaptor and reboot > Windows will reinstall the USB controllers.

Hopefully the camera will then be recognised. If not there could possibly be a hardware problem

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat