Join now - be part of our community!

Updater - Help

pauluslonginus
Visitor

Updater - Help

I bought my first vaio two days ago and I am quite impressed. The past two days, though, the updater has constantly complained that I need to install Adobe Premiere 3.0. I go to the updater page and download the file [which is huge and takes about 12 hours to download on broadband], but when I try to run it I get archive error etc. I raised the matter with technical support, but they do not know what the matter is. In fact, they claim that the programme is not part of the updater and that is must have been something I installed on my own [not the case]. HELP.

15 REPLIES 15
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi pauluslonginus,

welcome to Club Vaio.. :slight_smile:

Are you referring to the Adobe update, windows update or Vaio update utility. :thinking:

What model Vaio do you have.?

pauluslonginus
Visitor

Hi,

I am referring to the vaio update utility that appears in your toolbar towards the bottom on the right. Looks like a little speech bubble with a bolt of lightning.

My model number is: VGN-AR51J

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi pauluslonginus,

Do you have an Adobe Premier Elements icon on your desktop, if so double click it, does Adobe Premier open and load correctly.?

If this is the first time you've run the program you may be prompted to install Adobes Vista compatibility fix..

pauluslonginus
Visitor

No, I have no such icon on my desktop. What do I do now?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi pauluslonginus,

do you have an Adobe Premier Elements listed in Start > All programs.?

pauluslonginus
Visitor

No, all I have is adobe acrobat reader which I accessed for the first time today and it installed itself. I have no adobe premier elements 3.0. Have you noticed when you look at the troubleshooting on viao club that this programme seems to feature quite prominently in the problems that many people seem to be experiencing.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi pauluslonginus,

Do you have any Adobe programs listed in Computer > C: > Program Files > Adobe..?

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Chaps!

Looking at the specifications here: -

http://vaio.sony.co.uk/view/ShowProduct.action?product=VGN-AR51J&site=voe_en_GB_cons&category=VN+AR+...

all the VGN-AR51 Series of Vaios do not have Premiere Elements 3.0 preinstalled. Photoshop Elements - Yes but Premiere Elements - No.

It is presumably a fault with Vaio Update because you would never receive an Adobe update through Vaio Update - it would come direct from Adobe.

:slight_frown:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Blencogo,

That may be the case but I have seen reference to Adobe Premiere Elements 3.0 as being included, here's one example , maybe another AR51 owner can confirm please.. :thinking:

What does seem strange is the fact that pauluslonginus mentions that he only has Adobe Acrobat Reader installed, which he adds he installed himself.. :thinking: