Join now - be part of our community!

bleutooth problem

demichie
Visitor

bleutooth problem

Hello,
I've downloaded an update for the bluetooth with "vaio update". I've followed all the instructions but the installation of the new driver loops asking to me to connect the bluetooth device (??). Now I cannot use anymore the bluetooth!
Can someone helps me please?

Thank you
Mattia

13 REPLIES 13
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Mattia,

Welcome to Club Vaio, :slight_smile:

Try doing a system restore to a point before you updated the bluetooth..

demichie
Visitor

I've already tried.... but with no results because the system tells there is nothing to restore.
Is it possible to have the find the original driver?
Thx
mattia

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi

The original Pre installed drivers and utilities for Vaio can be downloaded from Vaio-Link..

profile.country.en_GB.title
iafergu17
Visitor

I've been having a similar problem, I recently tried to update the driver in which you have to uninstall the previous edition. Only when I go to install the new driver (or indeed the original one) it starts to install and then I just keep getting a message saying "please plug in the Bluetooth device and click OK button", eventually when I cancel the operation I getthe message that it has been succusfully installed even though its not, and to restart upon which I invariably get the windows finds new hardware message.

demichie
Visitor

Exactly the same problem here Ferguson! If you find a solution please let me know.
And the new hardware detected is reported as "UGX".
Thank you
Mattia

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi

Is your bluetooth switched on when installing the update..?

demichie
Visitor

Yes. I follow the exactly the installation instructions. I've removed the old driver, then I've rebooted the computer with the switch on. Win XP detects the new hardware and I cancel the automatic detection of the drivers to proceed with the execution of the dowloaded files. But at a certain point during the installation, in the "toshiba bluetooth stack" blue windows, it ask to me to connect the bluetooth device and click continue. I've tried to wait, to click without waiting, to turn off and again on the switch and everything else...
If I click "cancel" the installation exits with a message writing toshiba stack has been installed. But I don't have the bluetooth working and there is a UGX device without driver insalled.

thx
mattia

profile.country.en_GB.title
iafergu17
Visitor

Does anyone know how to solve this problem yet?

aurianne
Visitor

hello all,
unfortunately I am having exactly the same problem like mattia, ferguson and demichie!
the blue bluetooth light on the computer is on, and yet the driver installation software cannot find a bluetooth device, asking me to connect it.
please can anybody help?!
thanks and best regards,
aurianne