Join now - be part of our community!

Netflix support for KD55X8509C Android TV

SOLVED
LucioGodoy
Explorer

Netflix support for KD55X8509C Android TV

Hi All;

Is Netflix available for the KD55X8509C TV pls?

I cannot believe that Sony has released a TV which includes the Netflix button on their remote control but no support for Netflix?

Many thanks

Lucio

57 REPLIES 57
MikeLothian

Can you check the verison number of Netflix? If it's newer than 2.1 can you try running APK Extractor and posting it somewhere? apkmirror.com will be intersted too

marpinch7
Explorer

Where do I find version number?
MikeLothian

It might be under Help in the netflix app - if you're not sure follow my instructions in my earlier posts on how to install apk extractor - if it proves to difficult don't wory - I'm just being impatient

I don't think Sony knew what they were letting themselves in for releasing a TV that appeals to Android Geeks

marpinch7
Explorer

Software version 2.1-425 R 2014.1 android -21-Jplayer2
MikeLothian

Hmm that's the same build version (425) maybe it's something that needed switching on at the Netflix side - I'll check tonight 

profile.country.GB.title
Drpepper970

I have just followed MikeLothian's instructions for Netflix and got that and Kodi installed and working on my KD49X8305C

profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

So anyone got 5.1 working?

marpinch7
Explorer

Yes go into speaker settings on tv and change from audio system to t v speakers and back again worked for me. U have to do this every time u open netflix at the moment
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi all just another update:

A fellow member is correct in mentioning the FW update on June 15th.

I have just had official word that this update is still expected on June 15th and that

after updating then the 'official' version of Netflix will be working.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Please also refer to This page for updates on certain services for your Android TVs.

services.jpg