Join now - be part of our community!

Netflix support for KD55X8509C Android TV

SOLVED
LucioGodoy
Explorer

Netflix support for KD55X8509C Android TV

Hi All;

Is Netflix available for the KD55X8509C TV pls?

I cannot believe that Sony has released a TV which includes the Netflix button on their remote control but no support for Netflix?

Many thanks

Lucio

57 REPLIES 57
MikeLothian

I'm not advising installing a different version, only the version that's in /system/apps
marpinch7
Explorer

Ah I see. I thought it was weird that the netflix logo was in there if it wasn't meant to be found
marpinch7
Explorer

Surely they didn't hide it because there was no 5.1 support? Because that's the only issue I've found so far
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Well I don't think your TV will sudenly teleport into another dimension, but the official line from

Sony is that they do not advise and to reassure members that they are investigating. :slight_smile:

MikeLothian

Has anyone gotten anything more than sterio PCM passed through the TV? I've got my PS3 connected up via HDMI3 and the sound is outputted via ARC on HDMI4 but I only get sterio out - I've currently got it set on Auto 1 which should pass any compressed audio straight through 

marpinch7
Explorer

I'm still only getting stereo through TV speakers nothing through Sony home cinema when using Netflix although sky works fine through home cinema 

marpinch7
Explorer

Just tried to use Netflix and it has stopped working and I get a message saying it is not compatible with this device 

marpinch7
Explorer

Working again this morning, issue at Netflix end according to support pages 

marpinch7
Explorer

Turned tv on this afternoon and it rebooted which I presume was due to an update. Now getting netflix in 5.1
NickCo1979

Hi All, had an email from support this afternoon about the Netflix issue, apparently new firmware is due on the 15th June to fix the problem. Email snippet below:

<Email Snippet>

Thank you for your recent e-mail.

In regards to your query, the higher technical team advised that a new software update will be released in 10 days that will rectify the Netflix issue.

Thank you for your enquiry.

</>

Cheers

Nick