Join now - be part of our community!

Netflix support for KD55X8509C Android TV

SOLVED
LucioGodoy
Explorer

Netflix support for KD55X8509C Android TV

Hi All;

Is Netflix available for the KD55X8509C TV pls?

I cannot believe that Sony has released a TV which includes the Netflix button on their remote control but no support for Netflix?

Many thanks

Lucio

57 REPLIES 57
BrianDrought

I had exactly the same on my 65x8509 (yeah, I wish I'd found this place sooner, though not sure many other sets are miles better anyway). 

Anyway, the problem was the stock Sony included Netflix app didn't do 5.1 properly. 4K was fine, but 5.1 not.  I signed in to a Google account (which I skipped on setup) then went to Play Store, found Netflix and there was an option  to Update. Updated and 5.1 works fine.

Touch wood, have had no problems with anything else (apart from Amazon not working in 5.1 but have FireTV for that)

PawelName
Explorer

Do you know if KD55X8509C support Netflix in 4K? I'm wondering if I can watch Netflix 4K using Netflix app from Androids TV.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

4K Netflix is supported on your TV.

Cheers

PawelName
Explorer

Thanks mate:smileyhappy:

Does anyone have used Hola App (to change VPN) on Android TV? Does it work (especialy I'm asking about Netflix)?

Thanks in advance

chrproct
Explorer

Where can I find my activation code on my android tv 

Mikequirk
New

Why does the netflics shut me out on a regular basis. The network is going, but I go to log in and it just automatically goes back to the home page when I click on my personal icon. It does the same with either the app entry or the netflic hand control button.

at present I can't get into netflics and it ***** me off given I have had the TV for only a few weeks.... Is it $3000 down the drain?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mikequirk - as your problem appears to be an internal app issue, you might want to contact Netflix.  As you say, your network connection is ok.

jogriff63
Explorer

This looks very good news for those concerned. I have been searching this forum for a solution to the problem of not having a Netflix app on my older  KDL-46HX703. I used to have one and it dissapeared some time ago.

Is there a solution in here somewhere I have missed?

Sorry if this post is innapropriate placed. Its my first!