Join now - be part of our community!

Netflix support for KD55X8509C Android TV

SOLVED
LucioGodoy
Explorer

Netflix support for KD55X8509C Android TV

Hi All;

Is Netflix available for the KD55X8509C TV pls?

I cannot believe that Sony has released a TV which includes the Netflix button on their remote control but no support for Netflix?

Many thanks

Lucio

57 REPLIES 57
MikeLothian

OK so the quickest way to get Netflix working is to download the APK from here https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/netflix-inc/netflix-for-android-tv/netflix-2-1-build-425-android-apk-d... copy it to a USB stick and insert it into the TV. 

Goto https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.estrongs.android.pop and tell it to install to your TV (make sure you're logged into your google account on the TV). 

You'll need to make sure you allow installs from "Unknown Sources" which is under Settings > Security & Restrictions

On ES File Explorer on your TV navigate down to your USB stick (left hand side, just keep pressing down) and then click on the APK, then on Install. 

Load up netflix and sign in / up

Enjoy the 4K goodness :grin:

profile.country.GB.title
Drpepper970

Would this method also work to get the Kodi app installed?
MikeLothian

Yes it should work for any apk you download

LucioGodoy
Explorer

Hi NickCo1979 and MikeLothian 

Thank you for your help, i have downloaded the Netflix app and the file explorer, I'll install it later tonight and hopefully have the full 4k experience of netflix.

thanks

Lucio

marpinch7
Explorer

Hi 

I have downloaded apk file and es file explorer but get parse error when I click on apk file and install, any ideas around this?

TIA

MikeLothian

I only got a parse error when I tried to install the newer Netflix 2.2 apk which only works with Android 5.1.1 which we don't have yet.

Alternatively navigate to /system/app and install netflix-ninja-release.apk from there
marpinch7
Explorer

Cheers got it going through system/apps netflix logo was in there. Still no home cinema output yet though as you said before. Something is better than nothing I suppose. Thanks again
LucioGodoy
Explorer

It has worked for me.

THanks for the help.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi all :smileyhappy:

Quick update: Sony are investigating the Netflix issue but do advise against people using different versions.

Please be careful if you choose to.

marpinch7
Explorer

What r possible implications? As I see it a factory reset and software update should fix any issues if sony change software or am I being naive?