Join now - be part of our community!

Netflix support for KD55X8509C Android TV

SOLVED
LucioGodoy
Explorer

Netflix support for KD55X8509C Android TV

Hi All;

Is Netflix available for the KD55X8509C TV pls?

I cannot believe that Sony has released a TV which includes the Netflix button on their remote control but no support for Netflix?

Many thanks

Lucio

57 REPLIES 57
NickCo1979

Hi All,

FYI the Netflix firmware update released for my 49" 4K TV this morning. Netflix now working (about an hour to update though). I believe the update is available now over the air and on the website later today.

Cheers

Nick

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Thanks for updating us in this thread Nicko1979 :thumbsup:

profile.country.en_GB.title
petsmart

yup all wokring but sound format restricted to 2.0 stereo and also getting a lag on the sound.

I have asked customer care today regaring the output formats available at the moment for confirmation.

jjhornberg
Explorer

I had the problem that the Netflix app on my AndroidTV didnt want to log me in (whereas I had logged in previously). It gave the error that the account info I entered was not known to them. Resetting password didnt help. Called Netflix and they said there is a bug in the app for Android TV such that one is prompted to log in while actually already logged in. They built in a simple solution in the app. It worked for me:

on the sony android remote press the navigation buttons as follows:

up up down down left right left right up up up up (seriously!)

That opens a screen on which you then press Sign Out. Confirm yes and then you can log in again. And Netflix works again. 

SuzanneD
Explorer

Hi. We have a Sony Bravia KD558509C that we can't get Netflix to work on. We have the Netflix app that came loaded on the TV and there is even a button on the controller for it. We have read the forum advice and have checked that software is up to date, registered the TV with Sony and added a Sony entertainment account. All to no avail as we keep getting the same error code from Netflix. Netflix works on other TV and devices. Any other advice would be gratefully received. Thank you

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@SuzanneD wrote:

Hi. We have a Sony Bravia KD558509C that we can't get Netflix to work on. We have the Netflix app that came loaded on the TV and there is even a button on the controller for it. We have read the forum advice and have checked that software is up to date, registered the TV with Sony and added a Sony entertainment account. All to no avail as we keep getting the same error code from Netflix. Netflix works on other TV and devices. Any other advice would be gratefully received. Thank you

I am peering very hard into my crystal ball, but it is all cloudy, and the swirling mists obscure my view of the exact error message you are getting:-)

Can you please tell us what it is?

As we can presume that you have an existing Netflix account, and it works OK on other devices.

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
SuzanneD
Explorer

Sorry for not providing full information. Yes Netflix works fine on other TV, Computer and devices. The error message is ui-800-3. Thank you

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

Thanks for the extra info.

This error is very similar to UI-800-2, and this thread may help. See if proceeding as described there helps at all.

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
SuzanneD
Explorer

Yes - it's working. Thank you.

I followed the complete power down instructions on the thread you recommended but still had the same problem.

( I had also tried this yesterday as well to no avail). Next advice was to uninstall and reinstall Netflix. On the error message screen there was a more information option that took me to another screen and there was then the option to reset Netflix. Did a reset and tried Netflix again and it took me back to the log on screen and then worked! 

Thank you for all your help. 

smashah

I recall the previous firmwae update added netflix 5.1  sound.  However, when i watch any movie / programme netflix the sound remains 2.0 .

Is there a setting on netflix to allow 5.1 sound