Join now - be part of our community!

KD-55XG8596 DD+ Atmos 7.1 and DTS:X

SOLVED
profile.country.BG.title
tomazzo_bg

KD-55XG8596 DD+ Atmos 7.1 and DTS:X

Hi to all,

I had a Samsung TV and it made me mad because i couldn’t play DTS sound on it. I Bought Sony Android TV 55XG8596 with the idea i will be able to send RAW sound to my soundbar (Samsung Q80R). I had an android box and on it i could stream DTS:X and 7.1.2 DD sound. Now with the Sony i can't send nothing but 5.1. DD Atmos is working only on 5.1 on Netflix and MKV movies but 7.1 with Atmos and DTS:X 7.1 is not. Is there a solution for this problem? It drives me crazy. 

21 REPLIES 21
profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

thing is that for the audio coming from internal apps TV use mediacrap SoC while for passthrough from other HDMI inputs that is not the case so probably just what is needed for HDMI 2.0b or whatever is enough to do that.

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@tomazzo_bg 

Have a read of this:-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI

and you will perhaps understand.

It’s not like there is a wire or wires with audio on that can just be redirected down the (e)ARC cable; the audio arrives over the same wires as the video, but in different packet types.

Also, the TV has to be able to put the audio it is sent out over its own speakers, to say nothing of negotiating with any soundbar as to what it is capable of accepting.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…