Join now - be part of our community!

KD-55XG8596 DD+ Atmos 7.1 and DTS:X

SOLVED
profile.country.BG.title
tomazzo_bg

KD-55XG8596 DD+ Atmos 7.1 and DTS:X

Hi to all,

I had a Samsung TV and it made me mad because i couldn’t play DTS sound on it. I Bought Sony Android TV 55XG8596 with the idea i will be able to send RAW sound to my soundbar (Samsung Q80R). I had an android box and on it i could stream DTS:X and 7.1.2 DD sound. Now with the Sony i can't send nothing but 5.1. DD Atmos is working only on 5.1 on Netflix and MKV movies but 7.1 with Atmos and DTS:X 7.1 is not. Is there a solution for this problem? It drives me crazy. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

@tomazzo_bg wrote:

Is there an app for Android TV that is able to passthrough a lossless signal with Atmos and Dts:x ? I bought the TV with the idea i'll need no more devices to watch SAT, Netflix, HBO GO and my favorite movies from the HDD with the full quality of picture and sound. I hope there is an app that can play my movies (those, who have 7.1.2) and will passthrough the lossless signal with Atmos and DTS:X. I guess this would be help for everyone, who want to have a less possible devices at home.

Thank you!

nope..... give up on that dream. eARC is more misleading marketing than anything else. Streaming services will not do that because of the bandwidth needed for audio and for your local files, get nvidia shield or some other external box which is capable of doing what you want. 

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Have you set eARC and not ARC in Settings?

profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

as asked already, is eARC turned on?

one other thing that is not on written with big shiny letters on the box is that all eARC benefits works only for external devices. So if you plug bluray player or some other media box that can output lossless formats than your TV can passthrough that to your soundbar/AVR via eARC. For any internal/streaming app eARC is as useless/useful as regular ARC.

profile.country.BG.title
tomazzo_bg

There are two options:

1: Auto

2: Disable

It is on Auto

profile.country.BG.title
tomazzo_bg

I think the problem is the soundbar. As i was reading in Samsung community i understood that the device is not eARC capable. IT will be (someday) firmware update to change that but at this time it stays that way. The device supports DTS:X and DD+ Atmos and 7.1.2 but is not eARC lol . The other 2 HDMI are accepting 7.1.2 but the ARC HDMI can't pass it throe. There is no logic for me but this is my conclusion.

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Atmos ad DTS:X maybe works fron an HDMI IN on the Soundbar (HDMI IN not eARC, for Audio from a Blu-ray Player for exemple).

profile.country.BG.title
tomazzo_bg

i guess the problem is with the soundbar. They should issue a firmware update to support eARC.

Thank you guys and stay safe!

profile.country.BG.title
tomazzo_bg

Hi Again,

My Samsung HW-Q80R received and firmware update and now is fully eARC functional. I can play my 7.1 videos with DD+ and lossless format but I do not receive Atmos and DTS:X audio to the soundbar. I guess its player problem. With the integrated player, VLC and KODI I can't play 7.1.2. The ThrueHD isn't even recognized by VLC and the native player. Some ideas?

Thank you guys! 

profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

You can't do that. None of the internal apps can do that. eARC will only passthrough those formats from external sources connected to some other HDMI input.

profile.country.BG.title
tomazzo_bg

Is there an app for Android TV that is able to passthrough a lossless signal with Atmos and Dts:x ? I bought the TV with the idea i'll need no more devices to watch SAT, Netflix, HBO GO and my favorite movies from the HDD with the full quality of picture and sound. I hope there is an app that can play my movies (those, who have 7.1.2) and will passthrough the lossless signal with Atmos and DTS:X. I guess this would be help for everyone, who want to have a less possible devices at home.

Thank you!