Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Cashback deal and Amazon

profile.country.GB.title
carbonshogun
New

Sony Cashback deal and Amazon

There's a deal here on Amazon where you get a £140 voucher:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-ILCE7M3B-Mirrorless-Compact-System/dp/B07B4L1PQ8/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&k...

At the minute, Sony website is doing the winter cashback deal - was wondering if you can use the £140 voucher on Amazon, then get the £200 cashback as well?

13 REPLIES 13
Peter663
New

I can confirm that Sony promotions have decided that Amazon are excluded from the winter 2020 promotion. They have rejected my claim and referred me to their t&c.  When I pointed out that I recalled Amazon was included when I bought the camera in October and the t&c’s specifically exclude Amazon 3rd party sellers I thought I was covered.  They say their decision is finally and I’m not entitled to the cash back. A quick search shows Amazon Germany still advertising the cash back in their listing.  For some reason Amazon uk does not today.  I have bought Sony lens and camera body from Amazon and received the cash back in previous campaigns.  I seem to be in the middle of a dispute between these extremely large multinational companies.  I appealed against the decision but have been told this too has been rejected.  I am a self employed events photographer who has watched my business dry up to nothing due to COVID-19 but decided to use the time to prepare for post pandemic. This purchase was to complete my move from Nikon to Sony a decision I now regret. I believe trust is a very important part of business and once it is lost it is hard to regain.

snapperdj
New

Hi, I purchased two lenses from amazon on black friday and I am convinced they were included in the cash back promotion. Do you have a copy of that email you could share as sony are refusing my cash back claim?  Thanks

snapperdj
New

I am in the same position too. Sony are refusing to say if amazon were excluded from this campaign part way through and it's very frustrating.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey guys, Amazon was never a part of the campaign this year I'm afraid. They were removed mid-offer l2019, and weren't even included this year.