Join now - be part of our community!

Problems with Imaging Edge Desktop

profile.country.SE.title
FRAMSIDAN
New

Problems with Imaging Edge Desktop

Hello everybody, on this community.

I’m new to this community and perhaps my post is OT? I do have problems using Sony Imaging Edge Desktop with my Sony A7RM3.

I can’t make IED (Imaging Edge Desktop) work on my MacBook Pro with macOS Catalina version 10.15.6. Problem seems to be that my camera can’t get in contact with my router. I´m following the instructions in Sony manual and also tried all instructions on You Tube, with no luck. Camera register on my network but my Iphone and MacBook Pro can’t find my camera via my network!

When using Bluetooth connection with my iPhone, after first connection all works fine. But when I try to reconnect camera to my Iphone. Iphone can’t connect to my camera! After three to four retry’s it’ll connect, sometimes.

Shooti´n tethered with my Mac Pro doesn’t work at all. I can only download to IED all pictures I have on my SD-cards in camera. But, with CaptureOne 20, tethered works just fine!? Why doesn’t IED work?

By the way, my LeicaFoto (using "local network" works just fine together with my Leica M10 by very uncomplicated settings!

All the best from Sweden

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi,

Mac OS Catalina support is available with Imaging Edge Desktop version 2.1.00

What is the version you're using currently?

Cheers

Peter

profile.country.SE.title
FRAMSIDAN
New

Hi Peter,

Strangely enough on the Swedish Sony support page for Imaging Edge Desktop there is only version 1.0.02.03270 from 2019 available?! Wonder what's the problem for Sony? Maybe Your suggestion is my solution which I regrettably can't get! 😞 

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
abcd-abcd
Explorer

I'd like to join in with this thread. I am on a Mac, not a PC. I repeat, a Mac.

I am trying to use my Sony A6300 as a webcam.

I have downloaded from Sony these programs:

Imaging Edge Desktop version 1.0.02.03270 Copyright 2019 which once opened can start 3 separate programs:

Remote version 3.1.00.01191 Copyright 2017-2021

Viewer version 3.1.00.01191 Copyright 2017-2021

Edit version 3.1.00.01191 Copyright 2017-2021

I also have the same 3 programs (Remote, Viewer & Edit) in a separate folder. Not quite sure why - but they are the same versions.

1. When I open Remote (why isn't it called Sony Remote??), occasionally I can view the output from the A6300 on the Mac screen, but frankly, it's hit and miss. Sony - why is this so unreliable?

2. The Sony A6300 firmware is ancient now, which I'm sure can't help. Sony - when will you update the firmware?

3. When I open Zoom, occasionally, I can see the picture from the A6300, but how do I select the sound from the A6300? Why isn't it in the list of audio sources? Sony?

4. When I am able to control the Sony A6300 from the Mac using Remote, why can't I switch from Manual focus to Auto focus? (you can on my Android Imaging Edge Mobile)

5. When I select manual focus by hand on the A6300, why can't I adjust the manual focus on the Remote app on the Mac? It's just a servo on my lens, so it should be able to be controlled using Remote, surely?

6. Also (when you can get it to work), why is Remote for Mac so slow?

Thanks.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi abcd-abcd, most of these problems will happen when you leave the remote operating. try disabling it before using the other functions. I didn't see any news about a new update, tried searching for you as well. I'm sure you can deliver your feedback through Sony platforms.

profile.country.GB.title
abcd-abcd
Explorer

Thanks @HannahEd01 for reply.

What do you mean "when you leave remote operating"?

Also, what are 'Sony platforms'?

Thanks!  

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey, the Remote app, if you disable it other functions should work normally. You can get in touch with Sony here: https://services.sony.co.uk/supportmvc/en/contact/