Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Cashback deal and Amazon

profile.country.GB.title
carbonshogun
New

Sony Cashback deal and Amazon

There's a deal here on Amazon where you get a £140 voucher:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-ILCE7M3B-Mirrorless-Compact-System/dp/B07B4L1PQ8/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&k...

At the minute, Sony website is doing the winter cashback deal - was wondering if you can use the £140 voucher on Amazon, then get the £200 cashback as well?

13 REPLIES 13
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi,

I would recommend to check the T&Cs on both deals.

If they do not exclude each other it should be possible.

Cheers

Peter

profile.country.GB.title
Bad_Mojo
Explorer

If you check the list of retailers eligible for the winter cashback offer, Amazon is not on it. I wonder if they're trying to counter the fact they aren't by offering their own vouchers. However, I chose to purchase elsewhere as I found a better offer on Very and they are on the list.

https://campaign.odw.sony-europe.com/redemption/dealers/GB_DI_Winter_Dealers.pdf

profile.country.GB.title
Bad_Mojo
Explorer

Just to confuse matters further, I've just received an email from Sony with a 'Welcome to Alpha' lens promotion which appears to be run in combination with their Winter Cashback promotion (the T&Cs say it can be used in addition to other promos), but the list of eligible retailers for the 'Welcome...' offer does include Amazon.

Can anyone from Sony confirm that Amazon (direct, not 3rd party) purchases qualify for all of your promotions, or only some of them?

profile.country.GB.title
mox888
Explorer

Checked on Monday and Amazon were listed as a participating dealer so I bought a sony A7iii. Camera arrived today and now when I try to claim the Cashback the site says the date entered doesn't fall within the specified dates. Of course this is not right, the promotion is still on but I now notice Amazon is missing from the list of participating dealers.

Can someone sort out the online cashback claim form it's very misleading if they're changing T&C halfway through the promotion. 😞

profile.country.GB.title
Bad_Mojo
Explorer

You have to wait 30 days before you can claim.

8. Claims may only be submitted after thirty (30) days from the date of purchase of the relevant
Product(s). Claims submitted before the relevant date will be rejected.

profile.country.GB.title
mox888
Explorer

Opps...read it quickly, read it wrong. I thought/assumed it was claim within 30 days of purchase. 

Thanks for the clarification "Mojo".

profile.country.GB.title
carbonshogun
New

Word on the street is that Amazon were caught out selling the import models
and Sony aren't doing the cashback deal with them any more.

Hope they can make an exception in this case, because they changed this
without a big announcement.

I'm holding out to black Friday to make a decision whether I buy from one
of the more major retailers or e-infin.
profile.country.GB.title
Bad_Mojo
Explorer

I'm in the market for a lens, probably the 24-105, but I'm also holding out for BF. It's my aim to maximise cashback and price, so I'm hoping some other retailers match/beat Amazon.

profile.country.GB.title
mox888
Explorer

After years of carrying camera bodies and lenses, filters, flashguns I've finally thrown away my bag  and carry my 24 - 105 attached to my A7 (now A7iii).

It's all I need...good choice "Mojo"