Join now - be part of our community!

Help booting laptop

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
11g1bb11
Visitor

Help booting laptop

Hello so i'm  not the most techn guy in the world so bear with me.. I have a Sony Vaio laptop model number SVE151G11M

I got it for christmas been working fine, then it froze and crashed one time with the blue screen and said it would start itself, once it restarts istelf it then gets to the first vaio then crashes again with the blue screen, (i am unable to read the error problem as its within a blink of an eye) .... then it goes in automatic repair but eventually after just waiting longer the same thing happens, blue screem > restarts.. its just one big loop

somehow though it started doing a disk scan and once that disk scan completed i was able to get to the login screen and resume like normal however yesterday it crashed once again and i just cant get it starting again, so fustrating.

there is an assist key on th laptop  which will turn on the laptop and go straight to a selection page of 'recover or maintain your systsem,' --  'start from media (USB device/optical disc) -- start from network  --start BIOS setup --shutdown --start windows -- select language

so you would think right straight to the first option... this goes straight to the same cycle (on Vaio page then spinning wheel then restarts itself after encounting the problem'

Just do not know what to do, Windows 8 was already installed on the laptop when i bought it so it wasnt converted from 7 also i got no recovery discs or any kind of disks and im just lost.

any ideas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi 11g1bb11,

Unfortunately this could be caused by any number of things and trying to figure out what without further information is impossible.

Although you don’t have recovery disks you do still have the option to try returning the computer to factory settings by pressing the Assist button when fully shut down to enter Vaio Care Rescue Mode.

Choose ‘Recover or maintain your system (F10)’. From that option DO NOT select System Refresh as this will reinstall a fresh version of the OS without any Sony drivers, utilities or software. Instead look for ‘Return to Factory Settings’ or words to that effect – not having Win 8 I can’t point you in the exact direction but it should be there under one of the recovery options. This will hopefully return your computer to as it was when delivered but be aware that you will lose all personal data unless you have an external backup. The process will take a few hours.

If a restore fails then there may possibly be an underlying hardware problem and you would then need to contact Support.

Rich

Message was edited by: rich912

Further info.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi 11g1bb11,

Unfortunately this could be caused by any number of things and trying to figure out what without further information is impossible.

Although you don’t have recovery disks you do still have the option to try returning the computer to factory settings by pressing the Assist button when fully shut down to enter Vaio Care Rescue Mode.

Choose ‘Recover or maintain your system (F10)’. From that option DO NOT select System Refresh as this will reinstall a fresh version of the OS without any Sony drivers, utilities or software. Instead look for ‘Return to Factory Settings’ or words to that effect – not having Win 8 I can’t point you in the exact direction but it should be there under one of the recovery options. This will hopefully return your computer to as it was when delivered but be aware that you will lose all personal data unless you have an external backup. The process will take a few hours.

If a restore fails then there may possibly be an underlying hardware problem and you would then need to contact Support.

Rich

Message was edited by: rich912

Further info.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat