Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Firmware Extension Parser Device Driver of the computer model VPCEF2E1E

profile.country.GB.title
58trebor
New

Sony Firmware Extension Parser Device Driver of the computer model VPCEF2E1E

Can any one help me?

I have just spent 1 hour 20 mins trying to resolve this issue, I have an announcement flag telling me that

Download and install the driver for Sony Firmware Extension  Parser

Sony Firmware Extension Parser is missing a driver.

To find out if a compatible driver is available for your computer, follow these steps:

But 1 hour and 20 mins I am told that I don't need to update this, so how can I turn off the announcement flag or where can I down load this driver.

I don't have recovery discs or the recovery partition as the original HDD died and I replaced it with a 1TB drive so any help would be gratefully accepted.

Thanks

58trbor

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi 58trebor,

If you have not already done so I suggest you try manually downloading and installing the original FSEP driver from the following location

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/VPCEF2E1E_WI/updates

You may possibly need to remove the original driver from within Device Manager before re-installing.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
58trebor
New

Hi Rich

The only firmware I see on that page is for the optical drive, I tried loading on theinstructions of the Live support and this was incorrect.

Thanks

58trbor

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi 58trbor,

It is a driver not firmware update - the name is somewhat confusing. Have a look at this link.

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/VPCEF2E1E_WI/downloads/Sony_Firmware_Extension_Parser_Devic...

It is contained within the preinstalled drivers and utilities.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
58trebor
New

Rich

Downloaded that one and I get an error message that I need a 64Bit driver even though the filefor thr 64Bit driver is in the downloaded file

58trebor

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi 58trebor,

As you say that is a 64Bit driver so I don't really understand what the problem is.

I assume you are still using the original pre-installed OS?

There is the possibility that an update has been released that is only available via Vaio update and the ongoing server issues are the cause of it not downloading. However this would not explain why the original 64Bit driver will not install.

Are there any issues with Fn key controls not functioning - brighness, volume etc.

When did this message first appear and can you remember either installing any programs or removing any Sony software that may coincide with the update notification?

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
58trebor
New

Rich

All Fn keys work

I only noticed this a few days ago

I have not tried loading any new software or hardware recently

I have been in to Device Manager and see no yellow exclamation marks showing that something is not right?

So I am lost

Is there a way to switch of the annoying flag alert

58trebor

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

58trebor wrote:

So I am lost

So am I and as everything is working can only assume it is a server glitch.:smileyconfused:

Is this message flagged in the Action Center (flag in system tray) or Vaio Update? If the former I thought that once the item was reviewed the flag returned to normal. If that is not the case you can try altering the settings under ‘Change Action Center Settings’ but I have not experimented with this...

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
58trebor
New

Hi Rich

It seems all you need to do is archive them?

Okay the problem is still there but the annoying flag has gone

58trebor

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi 58trebor,

Well at least you have made progress! As everything is working as expected I would ignore it for the time being and hope that it is just one more glitch within Vaio Care that Sony will eventually address.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat