Join now - be part of our community!

just had ereader prst1 but cant get on to book store and how do i get adobe reader to conect

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
carol233
Visitor

just had ereader prst1 but cant get on to book store and how do i get adobe reader to conect

:thinking:

13 REPLIES 13
Sharpy_01
Visitor

Totally agree, set up instructions for this device are a joke, I spent 3 hours searching internet to get the thing working properly.

For those that don't know you need to download a pc app from sony store to put your books into before you put them on your reader, which can be found here:

http://ebookstore.sony.com/download/

I also spoke with a sony representative before Christmas and was told that the sony ereader store was going live in the UK on the 1st of january, obviously this is not the case.

Not sure how all sites work but we have purchased all our books from google ebooks so far, just remember you have to convert them to a Epub before you can put them onto reader.

profile.country.GB.title
sehuxle

All sony readers prior to the t1 have required pc or mac software in order to buy and read books.

In fact the minimum required is adobe digital editions.

I must admit Im surprised at the difficulty people are having as Ive found it very easy

swainsd
Visitor

I also had this magic reader bought for Christmas but the shine has totally gone as I have tried all sorts and I am still coming up with nothing..... beginning to think it is time to send it back and get the Kindle that, according to my friends, is simple and wonderful to use.  Maybe Sony should look at whether this device is actually fit for purpose!! If anyone can provide a magic solution I would be grateful... A totally fed up individual...

:slight_frown:

carpetmojo

Make it really easy if you're stuck with problems. -

1) Install Calibre - free ebook management system, brilliant.

2) Get/buy a book.

3) download to your PC. (When offered option "Open to /with Reader, select next below "save to file".

4) Save to lower toolbar.

5) Open Calibre.

6 )Plug reader in and let it introduce itself to Calibre , check it's showing as a drive in My Computer.

(A  "Send to Device" option should show at top bar of Calibre to show they're friends.)

7) Open d/loads on top (to right is prob best.)

😎 rt clik the d/load, select "Open containing folder".

9) Drag 'n drop the highlighted file to Calibre Library area.

10) Select Send to Device and watch "Jobs" whiz round till finished.

11) Read.

Calibre latest version (8.33) recognises x50's and T1 automatically.  Good luck.