Join now - be part of our community!

PRS-650 registration question

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
geevesie
Visitor

PRS-650 registration question

I have been given my wife's PRS-650 but because its registered to my wife it won't let me add books. Anyone any ideas please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

geevesie wrote:

I have tried the first option because it would be easier to get rid of everything on the reader. Sorry to be a pain but is there an easy way to de authorise the reader in adobe because I got completely lost on their website Thank you

Hi geevesie,

welcome to Questions & Answers..

Does this help..

Connect your Reader to your PC via USB.

Open the Reader Library software & click Reader located in the menu on the right hand side of the screen.

Now press & hold Ctrl & Shift and tap the D key a couple of times..

You  can check if the reader has been deathorised by either clicking on  Status in the left hand menu of the Reader Library software..

or

Disconnect your Reader from the PC, switch the reader on & navigate to the About section..

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
sehuxle

It will be authorised to your wifes adobe ID. Have you set yourself up with your own adobe ID and are trying to load books?

If so that will be your problem and you have 2 options:

1) de authorise the reader against your wifes adobe editions account, then re authorise against yours

2) use your wifes adobe ID carry on as you are.

If you go with 1 then any books on the reader loaded by your wife will no longer work. So I suggest option 2

geevesie
Visitor

I have tried the first option because it would be easier to get rid of everything on the reader. Sorry to be a pain but is there an easy way to de authorise the reader in adobe because I got completely lost on their website Thank you

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

geevesie wrote:

Hi geevesie,

welcome to Questions & Answers..

Does this help..

Connect your Reader to your PC via USB.

Open the Reader Library software & click Reader located in the menu on the right hand side of the screen.

Now press & hold Ctrl & Shift and tap the D key a couple of times..

You  can check if the reader has been deathorised by either clicking on  Status in the left hand menu of the Reader Library software..

or

Disconnect your Reader from the PC, switch the reader on & navigate to the About section..

geevesie
Visitor

Thanks guys I was pushing ctrl alt delete rather than ctrl shift D which surprisingly worked Thank you