Join now - be part of our community!

z2 tablet dead

robredor
Visitor

z2 tablet dead

Hey guys. I got an issue with my Z2 tablet.

Whenever the tablet is turned off, or restarted, or the battery is over, I cannot start it again!

It won`t even charge.

This problem occurs for a long time time now and I found a way to get going. I got to wait for like 4 or 5 days then it will accept charging. Before that, it`s useless.

That is not how I want to use my tablet.

I tried installing the new Xperia companion. The repair tool won`t work, I always get that error message.

Pretty sad.

Does anyone know what is happening and what should I do?

Thanks in advance,

r

10 REPLIES 10
ChloeS
Contributor

Hi @robredor,

Welcome to the community Grinning_Face_with_smiling_Eyes

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your tablet! Have you tried using a different charging cable? If not could you give this a go first of all and see if there is any difference? 

Also, you said you attempted a repair using Xperia Companion but got an error message, what was the error message? 

Please let me know so we can do our best to get this sorted for you :smileysmileywink:

Sebipocket
Visitor

Hello Chloe and Everyone

My XPERIA Z2 tablet does have pretty the same symptoms since yesterday. It turned off because of empty battery and I plugged it with the original wall charger just after it turned off. But no reaction: led is not lighted and it seems the tablet is not charging. I even let it plugged the whole night but no progress this morning.

I did not performed any particular update or action before it shutoff.

I tried to make reboot and hard reset without any success (power hold for more than 20 sec, power+vol up hold for 20 sec, reset button for 120 sec).

Then charger is OK as it allows charging other devices without any problem. I tried charging the tablet with another charger but same problem.

I check the connectors and no problem or foreign object.

I may wait for 4 to 5 days to see if it solves the charging problem but if you have any clue in advance of it, it would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Borko-Vihor
Visitor

Hi, just got the same issue with my Z2 tablet. I shut it down at 25% batt. and no LED at charging /original charger original cable etc., chaerger is fine/, and does not turn on. It is the 3rd day my tablet is dead. Nothing unusual when I last used it, neither installed anything, just watched some tubes..

Please keep up with info on the subject, I;ve been verry verry pleased with this device, wupr fast and reactive, never had any issue at all.

all the best!

robredor
Visitor

Well, it just got worse.

Now it's dead and will not come back to life.

I waited more than a week, and the tablet will not charge again.

Of course I tried other cables and chargers. The problem is the tablet, no doubt.

I tried the off button for 2 minutes. I tried the power button with volume up button for 20 seconds. Nothing.

Only thing it does is a blink of the red led, when I plug the charger. It stays on for about 2 seconds, then it's gone.

Very disappointed.

If someone please can give me a golden tip... or else I think it's just broken for good. Or bad.

Thank you all.

rr

Les1
Visitor

have the same problem, despite Sony repair 6 months ago, and the same problem again with this tablet, sent it back for repair but now it appears that it's not repairable. And it's exactly the same as you describe. I tried all possible cures including the companion download to no avail. 

This should be raised to a higher level or maybe the media 

802sony
Visitor

Put it into your freezer for one hour, and then try the same steps as before.

Rintala
Visitor

If your tab2 is definitely dead, wont charce, no lights, not go flashmode or fastboot mode you have to take screen off that tablet. Youtube has tutorials for that. If it screen goes broken, it cost 50euro in ebay. When screen is take away from tab, take battery cable off from battery/mainboard. Abaut 10sec is enought and put it back. Tablet memory parts empty at that time and troubles are gone. 

My tab have died 2 times... both times that fix the problem..

Riksa
Visitor

I encountered a similar problem this weekend.

Had more than 50% left on the battery, but wanted to restart the device.

I shut it off, but it wouldn't power up after that.

The device seemed totally dead. No light indicator when charging, pressing the power and power + volume up nor the red reset button beside the SD card slot didn't help either.

Tried with multiple chargers and connecting the device to my laptop.

I tried the system repair with  Xperia companion, but the repair did not continuea although i pressed the volume down while connecting the device to the laptop.

This morning when plugging in the charger, the red light indicator suddenly lit on! I tried to power it on, and it worked! Battery showd no charge, so for some reason it had drained ampty dureng the two days of unresponsiveness.

I suspect the device is freezing so badly, it does not respond to anything until the battery is drained out completely and it shuts down itself. Then one can restart is as soon as the battery is charged up at least a bit.

I have no idea what's causing this as the tablet was working perfectly fine until I shut it down..

Car6on
Visitor

I have had this problem since late 2015? it really sux, if I let the tab sit long enough, eg weeks... it can re charge and work. I think this is a common problem and should have been recalled... now I just try and keep the battery above 50% esp if turning off the tab... note, there are now some releases out to put android 8 on it, its a great tab, snappy and good res... to bad this issue is so bad...