Join now - be part of our community!

sim card restart loop

bobster
Visitor

sim card restart loop

so ive had this for a few years, works fine.

charge port breaks, fixed, no problems.

been few months, no problems

now, for seemingly no reason. charge port breaks again. but not just that, now the tablet is stuck in a reboot loop.

after turning on, will work for 2-10 minutes, sometimes more, then message will pop up

"sim card inserted/removed, restarting" (will cycle between inserted and removed)

does not have sim card in

have tried with sd card in and out

have replaced battery with another OEM one. no change

please help without this im stuck using a 10 year old laptop

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@bobster 

what if you remove the SIM/SD card tray, do you still get the same issue?

bobster
Visitor

that doesnt seem to do anything

Martin1
Enthusiast

Hi @bobster, sorry to hear about this.

In case the loop does not stop by removing SIM/SD card, I would suggest that you try to repair the software on the tablet using Xperia Companion and a computer. Keep in mind though that you cannot access the device due to the bootloop, you will need to start the repair without the tablet being plugged in to the computer and tick the "My device cannot be detected or started, or is a Smartwatch 3" checkbox and choose "Next". After this you should be able to follow the on-screen instructions in Xperia Companion.

Do note that the software repair will erase all user data from the device. Try this and let me know how it goes! 

bobster
Visitor

ok, so update. i factory reset the device. while it seemed good at first, it soon degraded to what it was. i decided to open it up as someone online said that it may help to disconnect/reconnect everything from the motherboard. i didnt do everything, but i think ive found the issue. ive completely removed the sim card/sd card board. i havent had time to properly test it, so only time will truly tell, but so far, so good.

only, i wont know if getting a new one will fix the issue until i replace it, AND, it seems that the sim/sd card board contains a passthrough for one of the speakers, and as my charge port is broken, and the charge port also seems to have one, i am stuck with no sound. thats ok, i guess, but i may need to wait 1-2 weeks to get the replacement parts before i will know if everything works.

ps. the tablet is surprisingly modular, good job designing it, great for repair.