Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Xperia Z2 not booting into recovery

SOLVED
Heiki2
Visitor

Sony Xperia Z2 not booting into recovery

Hello 

I am trying to do factory reset to tablet, while no one remembers PIN that was entered.

I hold vol down + power and get this smaler SONY logo for couple seconds and then it just boots up normaly. Any advice on how to get to recovery mode?

Best regards 

Heiki

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Martin1
Enthusiast

Hi again @Heiki2 and thank you for the quick reply! 

Once the software has been repaired in the tablet, you will be prompted to log in with the same Google credentials that were logged in before the repair, otherwise the theft protection (Google Device Protection) will be activated. 

I hope that answered your question! 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Martin1
Enthusiast

Hi @Heiki2, let me see if I can help out here.

There is no such thing as a recovery mode on Xperia devices at all. The easiest way to gain access to the tablet again is by repairing the software in the tablet using a computer and Xperia Companion. Keep in mind though that since you are not able to bypass the screen lock, you will need to start the repair without the phone connected to the computer and mark the checkbox named "My device cannot be detected or started, or is a Smartwatch 3". After this, simply follow the on screen instructions.

If you do not have access to Xperia Companion, you can also use Googles service called Find My Device in order to reset the tablet. Simply log in to the service using the google credentials entered in the tablet, click on the tablet if prompted and click on the Erase-option.

I hope that helped!

Heiki2
Visitor

Hello

Thanks for info. I have one question. Xperia software repaire asks if I know mu Google account info. I know but tablet wasn't connected with it. It sayes that without it device could turb unusable. 

Heiki

Martin1
Enthusiast

Hi again @Heiki2 and thank you for the quick reply! 

Once the software has been repaired in the tablet, you will be prompted to log in with the same Google credentials that were logged in before the repair, otherwise the theft protection (Google Device Protection) will be activated. 

I hope that answered your question!