Join now - be part of our community!

Z4 Tablet screen rotation.

Jimbo63
Visitor

Z4 Tablet screen rotation.

My tablet z4 screen occasionally keeps rotating around usually when using messenger. Any ideas on how to stop it, the only way I know it's too turn it off and back on.  

9 REPLIES 9
corb06
Visitor

I use this app, it forces all apps to stay in Landscape mode all the time. 

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.snowlife01.android.rotationcontrolpro

Jembok
Visitor

Have you found a solution to this problem yet? 

rage
Visitor

It seems to be linked to messenger. 

Isto
Visitor

I have the same problem. 

When using Messenger and try to taket a Photo the screen starts to rotate. 

Exworks
Visitor

I have the same problem. Only when using messenger. Both when using the camera and maps. The screen also gets unable to touch. I use to turn of the screen, take a print screen, tap the notification of the newly taken picture which opens the picture and stabelize the rotation. The I just press the menu sqaure to see all open programs, and close Messenger. Really enoying. 

kennyboy12
Visitor

similar issue, screen starts spinning around if I touch screen too long, only in messenger

CosTina1
Visitor

I have the same problem it only happens on messager, its very frustrating everytime you press a certain button on messager it spins around, drives me mad sometimes when I forget and press it,  needs fixing 

Tedebear
Visitor

I've just finally managed to get my Z4 - I've been pining for one for ages and couln't afford it, but now I have been able to I'm as impressed as I thought i would be at the screen quality, but I have problems with screen rotation. Mine however is in apps like facebook and pinterest. I like to have my keyboard always attached, and facebook seems fine with it, until i click on someones photos, and then it rotates. Does anyone know how to stop this. Pinterest poses a different position, every image is giant, when I then rotate the screen myself manually it resizes into a viewable screen size. are these android issues or tablet issues and can I resolve them?

gogglebot
Visitor

3 years later and this is STILL a problem, iirc I've only seen it occur with Facebook-owned apps e.g. Messenger. Taking photos, using maps etc is all broken. Currently I can't even open the app without going into dizzy-mode. This is ridiculous. 

Surely this isn't the only device this occurs on? 

If I had to take a vague uninformed guess, its that Facebook's apps just assume the normal orietation is to have height in pixels > width and this conflicts with the device's default orientation of width > height, so when the app tries to go to the default orietation it both switches to be one way while the tablet wants to be the other, somehow leading to spin happy fun times. 

It's just bizzarre that it only happens with Facebook stuff, there's plenty of poorly made apps out there I'm amazed I haven't seen this with other apps (so far as I can remember).