Join now - be part of our community!

Playstation Store Question

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
oooz1991
New

Playstation Store Question

I can imagine there have been a few questions related to the store so I apologise if this has been asked before but I couldn't find it.

I bought a Tablet S a few days ago in Dubai whilst home for the Easter holidays. I'm English and am studying at university in England so spend half of the year there. I didn't receive any notifications to install the playstation store and it was one of the main contributing factors to purchasing the Sony.

I looked online to try and see how I can get the notification to show up but couldn't find anything that would work, so I thought it could be because of my location. Anyway I found this website http://forum.xda-developers.com/archive/index.php/t-1545270.html and used the link that one of the users posted to download the PS Store, copied to my tablet through USB and installed it. If I have done it this way, will the Store still be able to update, or will I come across any problems since it's not through the channels you're meant to go through? Bit of a stupid question I know, but I've not owned an Android device before now so I'm slowly learning how they work and such. So far loving it!

Thanks in advance and again, sorry if it's been brought up before!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
stowball
Visitor

The PS Store isn't on the Market/Play Store so it doesn't matter. It does occasionally prompt you to update when you open it. Enjoy the games :slight_smile:

Matt

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
stowball
Visitor

The PS Store isn't on the Market/Play Store so it doesn't matter. It does occasionally prompt you to update when you open it. Enjoy the games :slight_smile:

Matt

profile.country.GB.title
oooz1991
New

So it shouldn't have any effect on updates or such on the playstation at all having downloaded from an external directory instead of through the processes on the tablet itself?

Thanks a lot! :slight_smile: