Join now - be part of our community!

Tablet s

profile.country.en_GB.title
goldcrest666
Visitor

Tablet s

Just looked at problem page for the Tablet  S, dont think i will now buy one, anyone got a reason why i should buy one.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

Hi and welcome to the forum. To be honest it is difficult to anyone to justify. I mean putting aside the brand, if this was an iPad and the forum was the same, doubt would be there also.

The way I look at it is this

Pro

- Sound is fantastic with a good pair or headphones

- User interface for music/video is nice and interactive

- Design is cool and great on a daily basis

- SD card support which is a must for me

Con

- 16GB is not really 16GB of storage (mainly due to Android design)

- Limited selection of cases

- PS games are limited (not a massive big deal for me)

- Wifi is a bit touchy after being in sleep mode with some routers

Sure there are developments always going on with every device and Sony do keep an eye on with what is said and reported on the forum even if they are not active so I mean there will be some things take on board. WIth the launch of ICS/4.0 out hopefully soon, I reckon it will bring some silence to some of the "complaints" that have been mentioned but will never know until it has been launched.

Personally, overall Android does raise a lot more questions in what you can and cannot do comapred to other devices but what I have found is most of the reason why things do not work or compatibility is not usually down to the manufacturer but down to the app developer (minus a few exceptions).

I would honestly say, if you are on the fence about buying one, hold off until ICS/4.0 is launched and people update and then maybe go to a store and try it out for yourself. Personally I do not bother with the Playstation aspect or the camera but use a lot of the other features and enjoy it. I mean yeah there is issues but not enough to throw me off buying one especially at the price vs the Apple equivalent.

Hope that gives you some insight.