Join now - be part of our community!

can I install java on tablet?

profile.country.en_GB.title
skarlett1978
Visitor

can I install java on tablet?

I have tried to install  java  on my tablet , however I received an error  message saying java was not supported on this device.  what can be done with this?

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

Hi and welcome to the forum.

This is a bit more of a tricky area since it is confusing especially when trying to explain. The Android OS runs a customised version of Java but it is built and run in a different way. Because of this, it does not support the native java that you might find on a computer which can be updated at your own leisure so as a result, running this is tricky.

The problem with java as a whole is that it was originally designed for laptops and desktops so its memory use does not take into account smaller devices such as phones and Tablets. There are developers making emulators but I do not see anyone going through the steps to modify the OS just to run the same java as found supported on a PC.

Hope that helps.

nikkilim
Visitor

I haven't really tried this before. I think the installation is more like in linux.

Like installing just a simple java would take much of your time by researching on the commands. Try to call tech support and check your options. https://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/vmware_happy.gif