Join now - be part of our community!

Playing with an inserted SD card?

profile.country.GB.title
yellowshark454
New

Playing with an inserted SD card?

I bought a 16gb SDHC card today which raises a couple of questions but before that,

Very impressed with the Mobo video player. None of my downloaded apps would read the inserted SD card (which worried me!). I thought VPlayer would but I could just not see a way to change its root directory, hence the Mobo download. Mobo  immediately displayed a desktop with several icons,
one of which was Scan SD card and that is what it did, well pleased.

So,         firstly I find it extremely irritating that Sony use “SD card” as their root directory name, how confusing is that when you have inserted an SD card.

Is the root directory name to the inserted card \mnt     ??

I was surprised that I could not get ES file  explorer to access the inserted SD card – has anyone
been able to do that?;    it seems that a lot of people seem to think ES Explorer is the bees knees but this has defeated me so far.

Does anyone know of a DLNA server app that I can download to serve files off the inserted SD card so that BubbleUPnP can access the files?

Does anyone know of an Office app which will read Word/Excel etc docs + .pdf files off the inserted SD card.

(sorry but the Marketplace does not seem to give much in the way of info on apps being able to read an SD card - maybe it is just a Sony foible)

And finally   can anyone recommend a Music player which will read off the inserted SD card?

Cheers, Pete

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.en_GB.title
mpattenden
New

Pete,

Let me try and answer most of your questions:

The external sd card is sdcard2

I use both es explorer and file manager hd both will read the sd card as you have es we'll deal with that. When you open up ensure you select local then move up a level and select sdcard2.

Once you've done that you can browse as usual, go to your folder with the music in, select and hold a file you can then select either single or all and add to play - this can be via es explorers own music player and works just fine for me as I then play with the tablet attached to my soundsticks.

For the office apps I use Officesuite Pro works just fine with the sd card.

I'm not using a dlna app so can't help there but hope my other answers help.

Regards

Padster

profile.country.GB.title
yellowshark454
New

Thanks Padster.

I thought ES would do it but when I originally tried to go “up” it was exiting the app. As you confirmed it would do it I did some poking around and found a setting “up to root” which had not been set and that fixed it, I was able to back up and found SDcard2  :smileyhappy:. And as you say, I found the ES music player which was fine

Cheers

Pete

profile.country.en_GB.title
mpattenden
New

Pete

Glad to help - sorry I forgot to mention the up to root - kinda set it and forget it option.

I only remembered when I saw your post.

Padster