Join now - be part of our community!

32.3.A.0.372 android 7 upgrade and BKB50 language switch issue

gbil
Visitor

32.3.A.0.372 android 7 upgrade and BKB50 language switch issue

After upgrading to 32.3.A.0.372 it is no longer possible to

1. select more than one languages for the BKB50 keyboard

2. and of course switch to another language

This is a major step backwards compare to previous android version therefore I expect that it will be fixed really really soon.

34 REPLIES 34
matveychuk
Visitor

By the way, I have 32.3.A.0.376 that is upgraded and all-fixed and unbugged 32.3.A.0.372. The same problem.

RussianOne1
Visitor

Just updated my Tablet Z4 to Android 7.0. Tried typing in English and Russian using BKB50 (purchased together a year ago) and found that I cannot use Ctrl+space to change languages. Seems that this shortcut is not available anymore and there is no other way to switch from one language to the other.

Any idea?

VadimK
Visitor

Same problem on Z4Talet BK50 after update to 7.0 . That is not a little bug for working on tablet.

profile.country.CZ.title
jadocek
New

Guys,

it is workaround  but workable. There is app External Keyboard Helper, which allow to link infact any keyboard design to physical keyboard (e..g. to BKB50). when you install you will select it as you keyboard. It is not working with keyboard shortcut to switch Languages, but you add icon of this app and you can change UK layout, US layout and many other languages...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.apedroid.hwkeyboardhelper&hl=cs&referrer=utm_sourc...

williamssimonp
Visitor

This must be fixed now. The update should not have been shipped with this issue present. The ability to switch between languages on a physical keyboard is so basic. You have made my Z4 useless for what I use it for most!
RussianOne1
Visitor

Thanks, d_odge!

In fact workaround suggested in the earlier posts to use two keyboard apps works well. I use Swiftkey for English and Xperia keayboard for Russian. Two screen actions are needed to switch. Obviously not ideal, however, it is at least some sort of solution.

only one thing I do not understand: if I can manually switch why can't Sony develop a software solution???

profile.country.CZ.title
jadocek
New

Honestly, no clue, why Sony support provides such statements. i would expect some out of box thinking as well...

profile.country.CZ.title
jadocek
New

Guys, sorry to say that, but I realized it does not work. The way I discribed it it worked in all previous versions of android, but not Nougat. I will try to contact app developer...

profile.country.CZ.title
jadocek
New

Yes, your workarround works!

gbil
Visitor

@Christofer your reply is a 100% confirmation that your devs don't want to look into this.

Google with Pixel C a tablet running 7.x HAS such support with gboard using the Search+Space shortcut.

Therefore spare me the "as-is behaviour for Android 7.0" and do your research!