Join now - be part of our community!

What happens when your Vaio fails?

edemk
Visitor

What happens when your Vaio fails?

Anybody had a problem with a totally dead new Vaio that wouldn't start again? And been told it can be fixed but at a premium?

Bought I Vaio to replace my Acer while working for a while in new york last year. The guarantee year isn't over and I am struggling with a faulty vaio that won't be repaired free under warranty.

I am starting to get pissed off with Sony and starting a blog on Myspace just for folks to track how I am being treated with the saga over the EU/US discrimination. I know everybody loves their Vaio, and I did too, but I only got a few months out of it and starting a battle against Sony's approach to this. Why else would one buy a Sony, if not for the expectation of something quality, and a global name with service. I am so not amused.

Let me know if you are also having a crazy Vaio experience.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Anybody had a problem with a totally dead new Vaio that wouldn't start again?

Hi edemk

welcome to Club Vaio.. :slight_smile:

Does this help.. :thinking:

Remove battery from laptop, then all connected devices, then unplug power cord. Now continuously hold down power button for a full 30 seconds, then release.
Now put battery back in, then plug in power cord ( leave off usb devices for now ). Then try to turn laptop on and see if screen turns on.