Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio VGN-CR11S Webcam Randomly Doesn't Work - in use with another program?

tekp
Visitor

Vaio VGN-CR11S Webcam Randomly Doesn't Work - in use with another program?

Hi! :slight_smile:

My problem is with the built in webcam on my VAIO laptop. Sometimes it just randomly doesn't work, it will pop up and tell me that the camera is 'in use by another program'. It even says this when I attempt to use the camera with the VAIO Camera Utility.. when I know that I haven't loaded any programs that would use the webcam. Usually a reboot works, although occasionally I have to reboot twice to get it to work 😕

Any suggestions? :slight_smile:

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi tekp,

Have you installed the Microsoft Hotfix KB931812.?

You can download the hotfix by clicking on the following link: Microsoft Hotfix KB931812 for Windows Vista

tekp
Visitor

No I hadn't, I don't think.

Thanks :slight_smile: I've installed that now, but as I say the webcam only did it occasionally so if it does it again I'll report back here :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Hermia123
Visitor

Hello,

I have the exact same problem; have you found that since you installed the update everything has been okay? It can be quite annoying at times!

tekp
Visitor

Hey!

Yeah since I installed the update I haven't had any problems yay! :grin:

Although it might not have fixed it since it only ever did it occasionally anyway :S I'll post back here if it does it again though :slight_smile:

So far so good!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hello, 

I have the exact same problem; have you found that since you installed the update everything has been okay? It can be quite annoying at times!

Hi Hermia123,

welcome to Club Vaio.. :slight_smile:

The fix above has solved the camera is in use by another program issue several times in the past.. :wink:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

No I hadn't, I don't think.

You're welcome.. :slight_smile: